Mummy's Favourite Colour

Rin's POV:

been stuck on this rotten heap of metal with my faithful crew, a grumpy Prince and a wise Former General for the last year now and I feel like throwing the Prince overboard. I know at this point the men would all cheer if I did, but I stop myself from doing this every time as I swore to protect the Prince from any harm to Iroh at the beginning of our journey. I sit in my office looking over charts of all the places Prince Zuko orders us to venture to, non have been successful so far but the Prince still holds hope that he will restore his honour by capturing the Avatar.

 I sit in my office looking over charts of all the places Prince Zuko orders us to venture to, non have been successful so far but the Prince still holds hope that he will restore his honour by capturing the Avatar

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door, I look up as they enter to reveal Lieutenant Jee seeming irritated at something, it's normally the Prince. "What's he done now?" I ask him before he can even open his mouth.

"He wanted to train his Firebending, a soldier offered and he... well injured him," Jee informs me and I knew I was in for Iroh coming to his nephew's defence while the angry Prince would just argue for who knows how long that it was not his fault.

"I see, is he with the Doctor now?" I ask him, following protocol and he nods to confirm he was, now I had to go talk to the injured soldier and finally the Prince. Was I ever going to have a quiet day where I don't have to deal with Prince Zuko at all and just write my reports to send back home to the Fire Nation for the Fire Lord, no that was never going to happen.

I finish talking to the injured soldier, who said that Zuko had gotten frustrated at him for one reason or another, I couldn't always take everything my crew tell me for their dislike for the brash Prince didn't make it seem fair. I have to talk to all present at the time, they can never lie to me because I can tell. I walk onto the deck to see Prince Zuko looking like he was sulking with his Uncle trying to cheer him up to no avail. "Prince Zuko, want to tell me what occurred earlier?" I ask him with a stern voice, he seems hesitant at first but explains that it was an accident as he had gotten frustrated over not getting the set his Uncle was teaching him. It was understandable considering his sister was one of the top Firebending Prodigies beside myself and I did feel sorry for him, he struggled because of all his pent-up anger and frustration. "I see. Let's me show you the set." I tell him and him how it should look (ignore the Earthbending), for me this was child's play having done this when I was only four years old just before I joined the Fire Nation Army.

" I tell him and him how it should look (ignore the Earthbending), for me this was child's play having done this when I was only four years old just before I joined the Fire Nation Army