The Boy In A Warrior Dress

"Water... Earth... Fire... Air..." Katara voices over as the benders demonstrate as she talks. "My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept the balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked." It journeys into the map showing the world and closes in on a bender displaying all the elements. "Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished." He disappears from sight. "A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe." It shows the Water Tribe men on their boats and Katara hugging her older brother Sokka holding up a lantern. "Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar will return to save the world."

The Boy In A Warrior Dress

In the evening sky filled with stars, the Fire Nation ship glides through the ocean below. In Zuko's room he sits in the lotus position with his eyes closed in front of an altar, four white candles burn they increase and decrease along with Zuko's rhythmic breathing. His face shows he is calm and concentrated when the door to his room opens to General Iroh entering the room to his right. "The only reason you should be interrupting me is if you have news about the Avatar," Zuko tells his uncle in a dangerously calm voice not even looking at his uncle.
"Well, there is news, Prince Zuko, but you might not like it. Don't get too upset." Iroh tells his nephew holding a map.
"Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now whatever you have to say, I'm sure that I can take it." He tells his uncle calmly.
"Okay, then... we have no idea where he is and Rin hasn't left her room yet," Iroh informs him.
"WHAT?!" Zuko exclaims in a pure rage with that the four candles flare to the ceiling. He stands quickly and turns around to face his uncle, anger evident on his face. Iroh turns away from the flames raising his right arm to protect his face, as the flames subside, he pulls out a fan from his robes.
"You really should open a window in here," Iroh advises his nephew as he fans himself.
"Give me the map!" Zuko orders him as he snatches it out of his hands, Zuko opens the rolled up scroll and begins to study it as Iroh continues to fan himself.
"There have been multiple sightings of the Avatar, but he is impossible to track down," Iroh tells him.
"How am I gonna find him, Uncle?" Zuko asks him as he looks down at the marks with circled Xs and dotted lines connecting them all. "He is clearly a master of evasive manoeuvring." He comments as a laugh fills the room, the two men look at the door to see Rin laughing.

" He comments as a laugh fills the room, the two men look at the door to see Rin laughing

Sokka reads the map in his hands atop Appa with an exasperated expression on his face. "You have no idea where you're going, do you?" Sokka asks Aang as they fly through the air.
"Weeelll, I know it's near water..." Aang answers turning to face Sokka but they were already flying over an endless stretch of water.
"I guess we're getting close then," Sokka replies flatly while Katara was mending a garment. Aang turns his head back watching her along with Momo who was sitting on Aang's left shoulder.
"Momo, marbles please," Aang asks his friend, Momo scrambles into his shirt and returns with a marble and hands it over to Aang. "Hey, Katara! Check out this airbending trick!" He says smiling eagerly and cups the marble in his two hands. He suspends the marble between his two hands making it whirl around and around in mid-air. He grins happily at Katara, wanting her to pay attention to him. But Katara is preoccupied and doesn't look up from her sewing.
"That's great, Aang," Katara says absentmindedly.
"You didn't even look." He says dejectedly as she still wasn't paying any attention.
"That's great!" She says looking up from her sewing.
"But I'm not doing it now." He tells her. Sokka sits at the back of Appa's saddle with his arms crossed behind his head.
"Stop bugging her, airhead. You need to give girls space when they do their sewing." Sokka tells him waving his arm dismissively in their direction. This stops Katara's needle in midair as she turns her head towards Sokka her face a mixture of annoyance and anger.
"What does me being a girl have to do with sewing?" She asks him hoping he realises what she was getting at.
"Simple: girls are better at fixing pants than guys, and guys are better at hunting and fighting and stuff like that. It's just the natural order of things." He answers, he was an idiot this just got Katara all riled up and she stopped sewing.
"All done with your pants! And look what a great job I did!" She tells him with over exaggerated happiness as she throws his pants at him hitting him in the head.
"Wait! I was just kidding! I can't wear these!" He exclaims sticking his arm through the big hole in the seat of his pants. "Katara, PLEASE!"
"Don't worry, Sokka. Where we're going, you won't need any pants!" Aang tells him as he gives a pull on the reigns and Appa swoops down in the sky. They land on an island beach with snow-capped mountains.
"We just made a pit stop yesterday. Shouldn't we get a little more flying done before we camp out?" Sokka asks.
"He's right. At this rate, we won't get to the North Pole until spring." She agrees with her brother.
"But Appa's tired already, aren't you boy? I said, aren't you boy?" Aang says shading his face and looking out over the water then nudges Appa with his elbow, hoping his friend would take the hit. Appa yawns on cue, but it was obviously not real and Aang sticks his thumb in his direction.
"Yeah, that was honoured convincing. Still, hard to argue with a ten-ton magical monster." Sokka comments.
"LOOK!" Aang gasps excitedly pointing out to the water as a giant koi fish jumps out of the water behind them.
"That's why we're here..." As he starts stripping down to his underwear. "... elephant koi. And I'm going to ride it. Katara, you've gotta watch me!" He dives into the water. A second later he leaps out again out again with a shocked expression on his face. "COLD!" Katara and Sokka look at each other wryly. Sokka makes the 'he's crazy' signal twirling his finger next to his head. Aang swirls out to the way and dives under the water and catches hold of an elephant koi. The giant fish leaps out of the water with Aang riding on its back, his hands grasping the dorsal fin. The koi dives back into the water, carrying Aang with it.