Ch-9 The worst kind of missing...is missing الله (Part 2)

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.'

- Aameen.

Dedicated to dreaming_oceans for her goodness and her dear duas which had the power to revive my comatose laptop :) May Allaah SWT grant you His company in Al Firdaus! Aameen.

Chapter Nine

The worst kind of missing... is missing الله! (Part 2)

London, U.K.

Every joint in Humaira's body protested as she tried to walk in a normal fashion. The flight had been comfortable yet the long journey had turned her into a stiff doll. At least the abaya protected her awkward movements from being displayed to the world. She gazed at her husband in awe who makes such journeys in a blasé manner. But his bored attitude had changed when they had finally landed; there was an eager smile in his eyes when they sought her own... for this was his country, his land, his home. And it would become hers now.

It was perhaps an odd touch of fate that the completely covered Humaira was let through by the officials after a cursory glance, yet Ahmed was detained for some moments as the officer queried;

"Alexander Joseph Montex?" he frowned at the combination of the dark denim blazer and creamy thobe of Ahmed's who looked surprised for a moment at the unusual delay but then scowled back as understanding hit him.

Ironically, Ahmed knew exactly what the official thought of him... no, not of him but of his grown beard or the thobe -and he could literally sense the official's wariness trigger as suspicion gleamed upon beholding the Sunnah attire; the shaitaan gloated no doubt but this was the first time that Ahmed encountered it and certainly was not pleased. And even as he answered in a clipped tone, his blue eyes flashed - the Montex blood resenting such treatment;

"Yes. So?"

"Oh." The officer blinked for a moment and hastily rechecked the details. After some more casual inquiries when Ahmed was finally let through, it was the official who seemed a bit glad that it was over while Ahmed's scowl had deepened.

Humaira looked at her husband with stirring uneasiness and wondered how with his sudden brusque attitude being displayed occasionally he had managed to call others towards the path of Allaah SWT during jamaath. She would soon realize that a complete change of one's character doesn't occur in mere forty days.

Ahmed's chauffeur met them soon and if he was surprised by the outward change of his employer, or of the woman by his side, then he didn't reveal anything but quietly gathered the luggage after the perfunctory greeting.

The drive to their home was filled with comfortable quietness, yet Humaira after gazing out of the window and then looking back at her husband's face found it oddly similar... both the city and its man looked solemn and dignified.

From the glimpses she got of the outside view, Humaira unconsciously compared it to her homeland. Something was missing here... she felt it vaguely, her eyes narrowing in an effort to place it. But the sights flew by and she couldn't get it.