Ch-12 In Your Love ya Rabbi

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.'

- Aameen.

Dedicated to muadib1222, Blessed to have readers like you, jazak Allaahu khair.

Chapter Twelve

In Your Love ya Rabbi...

Minnesota, U.S.A

The sudden gusts of breeze was cold as it touched her face making her shiver a little yet Maryam did not mind it as she finished her Salah in a secluded corner of the campus grounds. The trees around her offered cool shade and the chatter of the students came as if from a long distance.

After a heartfelt Dua, she folded her prayer rug and stuffed it in her bag before noticing the silent figure leaning against the tree trunk, his gaze fixed upon her.

Antony smiled and she felt her heat skip a beat.

"What were you doing here?" Maryam frowned as they started walking back together.

"Looking at you," his tone was playful but the eyes remained intense.

Her lips pursed in annoyance yet Maryam remained silent, her thoughts becoming a little jumbled as she wondered whether she was really annoyed or flattered by his growing attention these days.

"You looked so peaceful when you were doing that prayer thing and I couldn't help myself stopping to watch you..." he smiled seeing that her face softened into a smile.

"It does bring me peace..." she agreed quietly.

"Do you often pray here?"

She shook her head. "Only when I get lucky to have a free hour coinciding with the prayer time... mostly I do at home."

They walked on in silence when he hesitantly began,

"You refused to go for the dinner and the other event, can't we at least have a cup of coffee?" he would have said 'together' but he knew now what words to avoid when speaking to her.

"It would be a date." She pointed out, the smile leaving her face. "Why?"

"To get to know you better;" His eyes rested on her whole form as he noted how tastefully she was dressed in an ocean green tunic and pants. The muted gold belt around her waist was the only accessory and he couldn't even see her hands because of the long sleeves. Her head, as usual was covered in a plain scarf. My Hijab, she had said with a proud air when he had questioned her that day.

Maryam suddenly stopped and grinned, the dark eyes shining mischievously as she looked at him directly. He swallowed and tried to smile.

"Tony, be honest now, why do you want to get to know me better?"

"I..." he felt his heart start to thud in an irregular fashion. "You're an interesting girl and a beautiful one," he softly replied, with a sudden desire to touch her face.

"There are so many other interesting and beautiful girls here," she raised her brows in question.

"But you're unique here."