Ch -19 Right and Wrong - Who Guides ya Rabbi?

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendants and noble companions.'

- Aameen.

Dedicated to @Crystalfrost300 for being curious as a cat :)

Chapter Ninteen

Right and Wrong – Who Guides ya Rabbi?

Kerala, India

"What? Humair, Ammiji? Ma shaa Allah la quwwata illa bilLaah!" Saif exclaimed as his mother shared the wonderful news of Humaira's pregnancy.

"How come I hear this from you and not Ahmed or Humair?" Saif demanded to a smiling Saira who gazed at her brother in the video call while she tried to burp her son who lay content with his filled tummy.

"We heard it just today when Humair and Ahmed spoke this morning to Abba," Kadhija said, appeasing her son. "We'll have a proper chat with Habib and others tonight in shaa Allaah. Will you attend if we call?"

"Nope, couldn't manage; guess I'll call and congratulate now as I would be busy tomorrow too, Saira do you mind? I'm calling Ahmed," Saif said and his sister hastily moved away from the phone's screen.

Saif vaguely thought that perhaps Ahmed would be in the hospital, he calculated the timing in London and was wondering whether he had disturbed when Ahmed came on the screen.

"Assalamu Alaikum," Ahmed smiled at both Kadhija and Saif who grinned wide.

"Walaikum Assalam wa Rahmatullaah Ahmed! Sorry if I had disturbed, are you busy? Shall I call later?"

Ahmed shook his head. "A bit free now," his smile deepened, "How are you? And there?" he asked Kadhija who softly replied Alhamdulillaahi Rabbil Alameen.

"Alhamdulillaah. Me good, as you can see Ammi's well too," Saif twinkled, "Show him Nasru Ammi," he said and Kadhija smiling fondly showed her sleepy grandson who pulled at his little ears and yawned, his tiny bud mouth opening and closing as he tried to snuggle making their smiles wider.

"How are you and Humair?"

"Alhamdulillaah. She's at home. Did you... did she say?" Ahmed queried hesitant, looking at Kadhija and then at Saif.

"What?" Saif asked innocently, black eyes dancing. Kadhija smiled at her son's usual teasing.

"I ... your sister, she's pregnant Alhamdulillaah," Ahmed said wonderingly, as if he still couldn't believe such a marvellous occurrence. He felt as if his heart would burst in joy if he dwelled upon it...

He wanted to shout out loud, he – who had always kept himself aloof now wanted to laugh and hug others... it had taken so much control to not go babbling at the hospital to all... and Ahmed did not realize that despite his efforts at control, today he looked nearly approachable with his frequent smiling and the softened look in his eyes.

He yearned to at least share it with someone close... but to whom? His mother...? With whom he hadn't spoken in years, she would have probably forgotten that she even had a son... or his father with whom he was fighting a legal battle at court and how would he react upon learning that he would be a grandfather soon?! Viciously perhaps... there would be no sign of happiness to expect from him.