Ch- 18 After Twenty-five Years - Virtual Reunion!

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendants and noble companions.'

- Aameen.

Dedicated to @Prophetic_Medicines for your love bestowed on  IYL, jazak Allaahu Khair  ❤️ 

Chapter Eighteen

After Twenty-five Years – Virtual Reunion!

Minnesota, U.S.A

When Maryam found her father and shared the wonderful messages that had appeared in FB, Sufyaan sat stunned, disbelieving that this was all a fantastic dream ... but when she showed the profile picture of Talha and read aloud the messages his face scrunched in an effort to not cry.

Controlling his tears, he beamed at his daughter who had looked so wan and tired, now wild with excitement chattering about her cousins, Phupi (paternal aunt), her Chachas (paternal uncles) and her Dada and Dadi (paternal grandparents).

"I'll message them now, but Abba I'm so hungry. Is there some food?"

Sufyaan kissed her head, then went and re-heated the broth he had been trying to make her eat since morning, and now as she ate it eagerly with bread he sat watching her with deep gladness.

Maryam looked up from the phone as her bowl emptied and smiled wide,

"Alhamdulillaah, that was delicious Abba, I didn't know I was ravenous."

Sufyaan patted her cheek, and then gazed anxiously at her phone, "You have sent it?"

"Yes. Now we wait."

"Yes now we –" Before he could finish, there was the chime of a new message.

"Ya Allah he has replied! Hasn't he slept? It must be late there..."

"What does Talha say?" Sufyaan said the name, his mind still in disbelief that all this could be happening.

Maryam read the message:

"But this is awesome! So you're Maryam?! Our Sufyaan Maama's daughter? Shall I video call? Is Maama there with you? Everybody is actually asleep here and I've been studying... this is so amazing to know, I didn't believe my eyes when I saw your message!!!!"

Sufyaan's eyes misted once again. His heart raced though it was just the little boy of his Sarah Didi who had replied...and he looks like me too! He swallowed and felt his body tremble, after all this time, more than twenty years actually ... and to find now that his Duas were finally becoming fulfilled.

Maryam hugged him tight wiping his tears, while her own fell in blissful oblivion.

"What should we do Abba? Shall we see him?" she dashed her tears waiting in suppressed excitement.

Sufyaan's brow furrowed, "Yes... No. No, we would see them all together, what do you say sweetheart?"

Maryam nodded and her gaze went back to the phone's screen. She checked the timings suited in both countries and messaged Talha.

"I have replied that we will call tomorrow in shaa Allaah after we come home ... when we have finished dinner it would be early morning there and we can see everybody after they have prayed Fajr."