Chapter 5

Harry pulls me towards the couch, forcing me to sit next to him.  He wraps his hand around my wrists without putting a lot of pressure on them.  It looks like he’s keeping a firm grip on me, but it doesn’t feel like anything.

“We were all part of Eastside,” Harry says in a deep voice.

I look around the room.  Everyone wears scowls similar to Harry’s and tattoos line their arms.

“Each person played an important role.  Liam acted as the watchdog,” he says as he waves his hand towards one of the guys sitting on the couch.  “He was also the one who was scratching at the walls.  I’m not sure if you heard that though.”

My toes curl as I remember all the events that took place just yesterday.

“Niall was in charge of the door and lights,” Harry continues as he waves towards a blonde guy.  “And Zayn was the gun shooter and the person you saw by the window.”

I nod my head, unsure of what else to do.  The information swirls and dances around my head, causing confusion to arrise.

“And Louis,” Harry says, waving to the last person sitting on the couch, “helped me tie your hands behind your back.”

“You put up a good fight,” he says.  I can’t tell if he’s trying to make this conversation light because although his sentence sounds rather humorous, his face is grave.

My head starts to spin with all the information Harry’s giving me.  There were five other people in that house and I didn’t see a single one of them.  If they’re that devious, I can’t imagine what else they have in store for me.

“What about the woman screaming?” I ask.

Everyone looks around at each other, unsure of what to say.  When I try and make eye contact with someone, they look down or at Harry.

I’m not sure how I’m still sitting here with these delinquents.  I feel like I could puke at any moment due to my nerves.

“It was a recording,” Harry finally says.  “There isn’t really a woman in there.”

Somehow I don’t believe his statement.

“That was my boss that you met earlier,” Harry says, quickly changing the subject.  “He goes by A.J.  He wants you to take a shower and get ready for tomorrow.”

I don’t nod my head or say a thing.  Why do I have to look good for this…orientation tomorrow?  What is this meeting that he’s talking about?

The other boys start to stand up, but I keep my focus on my hands.  “If you need help with her, you know where we are,” one of the boys says as they leave.

As soon as they close the door, Harry releases my wrists and gently runs his hands over them.

“Sorry,” he mumbles.  “Are you okay?”

“Fine,” I lie.

“You don’t look okay.”

“Well what do you expect, Harry?” I say a little too harshly as I jerk my hands away from his.  He doesn’t say anything and it looks as though he’s at a loss of words.  “I’m taking a shower,” I say as I stand up.

He continues to sit in silence as I leave the living room.  I grab my bag that I brought to Eastside and a towel before walking to the bathroom.  The shower squeals as I turn it on and I shake my head.  It’s an obnoxious noise and I just want silence.  I need to get out of this place before they can sell me into slavery.  I don’t want to be a slave.  I don’t want to be sent away.