Chapter 4

Ezra's pov

Sabine is starting to get suspicious I can tell which worries me. I entered the kitchen to find Hera sitting alone at the counter. She turned to me with eyes filled with sympathy "Hey Ezra." "H-Hi Hera." She patted the seat next to her. "Come on, you know you want to."

I gave her a slight smile and sat on the stool next to her, the next thing I know she had her arm wrapped around my shoulder. "So tell me, what's been on your mind?" I shrugged with a sigh escaping my lips. "You've been quiet since you came back, any ideas why?" She can't know, she can't know, she can't know, she can't know. "Nope." "Dad's worried about you." "I know, it's really not a big deal really."

I was suddenly pulled into an embrace by Hera as she ran her fingers through my greasy navy blue hair. "Well if you ever need someone to talk I'm here." I remained still and quiet, the only thing I did was silently cry and scream in the inside. O Hera, I wish I could tell you my demons that haunt me but if I do they'll kill you guys. And I can't lose my new family no matter what, even if it kills me.

Hera's pov

As I embraced my child he never hugged me back, he used to but since he returned from the medical center he's been different. As if he has something to hide, but he wouldn't lie to us, right? I felt my shirt become wet, knowing Ezra was in distress I did the best I could to comfort him considering he was a closed up person.

"It's okay Hun, I'm here." "I-I-I'm sorr-" I rubbed circles along his back after hearing this. "Shhhh....... It's alright, everything's going to be okay." We stayed like this for minutes until Ezra pulled away. "I'm sorry for being a pest, I should be preparing for the next mission not bothering you with little issues." "Ezra it's o-" Before I could finish my sentence, Ezra darted out of the kitchen and off somewhere else. Where's my sweet, innocent, little Ezra I used to know?

 Where's my sweet, innocent, little Ezra I used to know?

I'm so sorry I haven't updated anything in like.... Forever.😢
I know this is short but I thought that this might be better than nothing at all. Thanks everyone for your support! You guys mean so much to me, you will never understand just how much.

Col out🐶🐻🐶🐻🐶🐻🐶