Death to Your Heart

Ashley's POV

Alright, so there was definitely something different about this new kid. His eyes were hidden. He didn't talk- like, at all- and he wore not a single color other than pitch black.

I scraped my cowboy boots along the floor in annoyance. We were at lunch, and the boy was sitting far away from anyone, alone, still doing absolutely nothing.

"-ley?" CC's voice finally broke into my thoughts.

"Hm?" I mumbled, not even sparing him a glance.

"What's your problem? Quit staring at the poor kid, you're going to scare him." Jake broke in.

I ignored them up until I felt what was most likely Jinxx's hand come down on the back of my head.

"Ow! What the fu-" Before I could finish, Jake interjected once again.

"If you're going to sit here and stare at him instead of talking to us..." He began, hauling me up by my arm and shoving me forward towards the table that the new boy was at. "Then why don't you go talk to him!"

Andy's POV

I looked up from the object I had been fiddling with in my fingers to see, through thick tufts of shaggy black mane, a boy around my age. I blinked, confused as to why he was standing here in front of me.

"Uhm..h-hi..." I heard him stutter. The guys back at his table were breaking out into fits of giggles, and I knew what this had to be-they were going to screw with me. I stood up abruptly and turned to leave, but I felt a strong hand wrap entirely around my frail, sleeved wrist.

I growled deeply and turned towards my pursuer, glaring ice cold daggers into his soul. He let go quickly and stumbled back, mumbling something as he did.

I re-hid my eyes behind my hair and turned to walk away again without hesitation.

"W-wait!" I heard him call after me. I slowed my pace slightly in order to hear what he had to say.

"What's your name?"

I raised my middle finger to him behind my back and left the cafeteria, hoping that my attempts to scare him off were to complete avail.

It was for his own good...