The Flames Rose Higher

-Author's Note-
So... there's been a couple of events happening in my life so I won't be able to update this as much. I'll try to get a chapter out every week, so I'm really sorry if I miss one. I always feel guilty when I can't update this fast enough so I'm really trying ;w; Also this chapter is a little rushed and I don't go into too much detail about things, so sorry about that... but anyways enjoy!

-Your POV-
Waterfall was an okay environment. It wasn't to hot or to cold, it was just cool and a little humid. It wasn't really uncomfortable. The first room that Flowey guided you through had a small waterfall flowing through it, and the color palette was mainly purple, blue and black. You noticed a neon blue flower.

"Hey, what's that?" You asked.

"Hey, what's that?" You jumped slightly as an echoey, almost ghostly voice repeated your words.

Flowey turned around you face you. "Those are called Echo Flowers. If you say something to them, they repeat it." He explained, gesturing to the glowing blue flower with a leaf.

"Those are called Echo Flowers. If you say something to them, they repeat it." The Echo Flower announced.

"Cool!" You exclaimed.

It was the Echo Flower's turn. "Cool!" It mimicked your excited voice and Flowey snorted.

"They're cool at first but they get friggin' annoying." He commented sarcastically.

"They're cool at first but they get friggin' annoying." The other flower replied. A conversation between flowers. This was interesting.

You quickly hopped towards the neon blue plant and whispered, 'I'm dead inside' to the little flower.

"I'm dead inside!" It burst out loudly. Flowey smirked, his eyes lighting up at your humor. You smiled playfully and continued walking behind him.

He lead you to a room where you saw a waterfall with heavy rocks falling down it. Your heart skipped a beat as they splashed into the stream. "Uh... Flowey?" You said, "Do we have to cross that?"

"Yes." Flowey replied. "But it's easy. I'll show you." He said. Then he quickly disappeared into the wet earth below and in a couple seconds he reappeared on the other side of the waterfall. He turned around to you and shook mud off his petals before instructing you on how to cross. "You have to dodge the rocks as they fall." He explained. "And I'm right here if you do something stupid."

"What would I do without you?" You murmured sarcastically. You cautiously made your way over to the edge of the waterfall and watched for a pattern as the rocks fell continuously. You couldn't spot any patterns, so you decided to just try it. You were nervous and your heartbeat quickened as you stepped into the water. Then you took a deep breath and ran across the little stream, making it to the other side by chance.

Thank God that's over with. You thought, your heart still pounding a little.

"Good." Flowey praised.

To the right of the waterfall room, there was an entrance to another area with a patch of grass inside. There were also a few blue and red gems in this room, along with three stalagmites on the darker side of the room. Waterfall was pretty cool to be honest. You liked how the cool mist felt on your face, and it was somehow calming. You followed Flowey as he continued on, barely talking as you made your way through the little area.