It Was Then He Confessed

-Author's Note-
Here's a special Valentine's Day chapter for you all <333

-Your POV-
You and Flowey were walking for quite some time, and you had passed through the strange place called the Core. It wasn't hard to get through, since there were no traps. At this point, you and Flowey were walking down an elegant hall with a golden tint. It was strange, and you wondered what it's purpose was. There were tall pillars lining the walls and a orange and yellow tile floor that gave the room almost an eerie sort of glow. It was a little creepy, to be honest.

Examining the room, you had a feeling that it was important. But why? You didn't have any answers, but maybe Flowey would know. He seemed pretty educated on the various locations of the Underground.

Looking down at Flowey, you realized that he seemed a bit flustered. His face was flushed and he looked almost... nervous. You felt a little awkward too, to be honest.

"Are you okay?" You asked, and he shook his head to clear it.

"I...." Flowey murmured, and hesitated for a moment. Then he sighed and said, "I--I can't stand this anym-more."

You blinked. "What do you mean..?"

Your mind was racing. What was wrong? Was something wrong? You searched his gaze for worry or fear. It was there, alright. But there was something else there too.

"I just... f-frick..." Flowey blushed and shivered a little with nervousness. You tried not to smile at his adorable body language and facial expression. "It... i-it's something positive, I just... I'm..." he looked up at you, searching your face desperately.

You felt your face flush as well. "F-Flowey... you can tell me anything... I'll be here for you," you murmured gently, and he took in a breath.

"U-um... I... ummm... I... I l-like..." he hesitated. Then his face got even redder, if possible and he squeaked out a sentence all in one breath, "I like y-you a lot! N-no, I love you! There, I said it!"

Your heart skipped a beat. No. No, no, no, no, no. This was a dream.

"I--I... y-you're... you promise you're not joking, r-right...?" You asked nervously, a little reluctant to confess until he clarified that he was serious. It seemed like a very Flowey thing to do, to joke about love.

"Um, I... um, n-no... I... I'm not j-joking," his eyes darkened with nervousness. "I--I'm sorry, nevermind, I--"

You shushed him and nervously admitted your feelings as well. "I... I like... l-love y-you too... I... and I swear to god if this is a joke--"

He let out a shaky sigh of relief and the tension from his stem seemed to drain. He smiled sheepishly up at you, his eyes sparkling. "R-really...? N-no, really?"

You chuckled. "R-really...." It was true. Your head was spinning, and your heart was fluttering like a trapped bird. The giddy feeling returned to your stomach and you could hardly resist the urge to swoop down and hug the adorable little flower. This was happening?

But you didn't need to resist the urge to embrace him, because he did it first. He leaned into you and you kneeled down beside him, brushing your cheek against his soft yellow petals. Your heart felt light as you hugged your little flower friend--or, well, boyfriend, if this was going to happen....

Somehow or another, you felt like it might work out. You felt like this might be okay. You felt that maybe... just maybe... you could convince him to come to the surface.

Together.

-Flowey's POV-
I'm so happy right now, I can't even think straight. This is really happening?

Taking in a silent breath, I gathered my courage and gave them a quick kiss on the cheek and then look away, blushing. I heard (Y/N) giggle slightly and they leaned down so our faces were just inches apart. I felt my lips pull into a shaky smile, and theirs did too.

They're so beautiful.

I blushed just thinking this, and I can't help but dive in and give them another quick kiss on the nose. Frick. I love them. I really do. I don't know why. Or how it's even possible. No soul means no feelings, right...?

Or is that just what I believed...?

Was I just afraid to love after losing Chara...?

Realization crept over me like the sun beginning to peek over the horizon. I can feel. I felt numb, but I wasn't. I buried those feelings because I was too afraid of loss.

But now I have to face that loss again.

They need to leave.

I drew in a shaky breath and murmured, "You know... you know that I can't come to the surface with you, right...? It's... it's just not going to happen... I'm sorry... I...."

"You might not think that, but I... I think we can find a way..." (Y/N) paused for a second and murmured quietly, "Love wins. Always. We will find a way out of this mess. I promise."

My pulse raced at the thought of going to the surface. What if I could...? What if... what if we really could convince Frisk and the others that I should go to the surface? My mind swirled and I can't help but smile at the possibilities.

But what are the chances that they do let me go?

That thought made my smile disappear. But I shook my head to clear it and relished the moment. I don't want anything to ruin this right now. I don't want anything to ruin us. I won't let anything ruin us.

They hug my tightly again and I rest my head on their shoulder, nuzzling into the crook of their neck. Their skin is warm and soft and I like the feeling of touch. Hope rises inside of me like a tide.

"I... I think..." I start to whisper into (Y/N)'s ear, "I think it's gonna be okay."

-Author's Note-
Love confessions, finally! But the story isn't over. There are still some things that need to be resolved. I hope this satisfied the people who were waiting so very patiently for a chapter like this. Thank you so much for all of the support, it really makes me happy. Also, just for those people who want that kinda stuff, I might make a bonus lemon chapter at the end XD

(*whispers* does that mean you and Flowey might be together at the end...? :3)

All joking aside, I really hope you liked this chapter ;w; Sorry if it seemed kinda rushed. Ily all!! <3