22

point of view : sua

point of view : sua

I put my hair up and tied it before addressing the baby hairs peaking from the start of my roots. I heaved a breath before analyzing myself in the mirror.

That's when the thought came, why am I taking this so seriously? It could be the complete opposite of what I think it is.

I should probably explain what's about to happen.

Last Monday, today it was Thursday and was right before winter break by the way, Jimin told me he would be busy this week. And then yesterday, he came up to me and told me that he wanted to talk to me tonight. Which is actually right now.

Whatever Jimin is planning, could be literally anything.

However, Vivian and Taehyung had claimed they knew exactly what was going to happen.

Yesterday Night

"Okay. Anyone else who thinks Jimin is officially asking Sua out, raise your hand." Vivian said out loud, which I found weird because there were only two other people in the room- Taehyung and Jungkook. Nevertheless, I looked around the room to see what the boys thought. Taehyung was eagerly raising his hand and Jungkook was groggily mixing his ramen. He had none of his hands raised.

"Jungkook, you don't think he's making his move?" Vivian asked with her teeth gritted together. Everyone including me brought our attention to him and Jungkook responded rather quietly.

"No, I just don't want to make any assumptions." And then he went back to his food. He's been so quiet this week, it's actually starting to scare me. Was it his most recent breakup that was taking a toll on his usual loud but over confident personality? Or was it something else that he wasn't opening up about. I decided to leave it be since he would probably never tell me.

"Okay, so suppose he does ask? How do I respond?" I finally spoke. Jungkook immediately brought his eyes up and looked interested in the conversation. Vivian starts to speak in response to my question.

"You say yes? Don't you want to...?" Vivian asked meeting eyes with Taehyung and they both looked equally confused. I did pick up on how Jungkook looked annoyed, and finally figured out that he was probably having one of his days.

"Yeah yeah obviously, just wanted to see how you thought." And then Jungkook started to cough a lot and Taehyung started to rub his back.

"Are you becoming sick again? You were fine this whole week." Taehyung looked at Jungkook in concern. I started to walk near the kitchen area but stopped in front of the counter.

"We'll be on our way then. Feel better, Jungkook." Vivian and Taehyung waved goodbye and left the apartment. There was an automatic gust of awkwardness in the air once I realized that Jungkook and I were alone.

point of view : author

Sua went closer to Jungkook and he coughed a few times again. She wasn't sure if she should be doing anything, but she definitely wasn't going to rub his back like Taehyung did. She shivered at the thought. Instead, she hesitantly put her hand on his shoulder but regretted it since she heard him gulp.