I get it

"You're such a lovely person. Anyone would be happy to have you."

"What?! You're still single?! Surely there are plenty of people who like you?!"

"Friend zoned? Ah well, there's always next time."

I get it. You don't need to say any more. Stop reassuring me that I'm a good person with a great personality. Stop telling me it's rare to find someone "good looking" with a sense of humour. Stop telling me people are missing out on a great partner. Stop telling me it's everyone else's fault when really it's no ones. Stop treating this like I'm a rare treasure waiting to be found. Stop treating me like I'm acceptable as a romantic interest when all evidence points to the opposite.

I get it. A lot of people like me but don't like me enough. A lot of people want to be around me when I'm fun but not when times get rough. Surely the people you say that like me like someone else because that's how it always is.

I get it. You like me but not in that way. However, you'll gladly like my best friend in the way I like you.

I get it. I'm not datable. I'm like a good friend or even a sister. Sometimes you don't even see me as a female.

I get it. I just one of those people that can't be liked in a romantic way. No one can see themselves loving me as a partner so why even try.

I get it.