Chapter 4

Arjun was sitting in the lawn area outside his house.He was dressed in simple white and the color complemented his handsome looks.He had a burnt cigarette on the hold of between his fingers.He was not regular, when something disturbs him he does that to let it go.

His life had been running smooth till he lost his parents.Somehow he managed to make it stable because he had a hope for whom he was living.He needed to breathe.For years he has been lingering on to that promise he received from someone and he has given a word to someone.How can stop his efforts on fulfilling that promise.

He remembered years ago when he was 12 and she was 7 , he had to leave the village because of his father's commitments for business purpose.He left along with his family and he could see that void in her eyes.Kavya was hurt and she did not say a word to him.

"Vishnu I dont know how to thank you.You were a big helping hand to me and for all these years you gave us shelter in your house.Wish we could stay here together forever, but I have to think about my business and that cannot be possible by operating from here.I have to move to city.But I promise I will come back and take you with me so that we all can live like a big family.Kavya is my own daughter only."

Arjun's mother was busy having a word with rest of the elders when he went in search for his best friend.She was sitting at one corner of the house and her face looked dull.

"Kavi.Why are you here. won't you say good bye to me for last time."

Kavya stared back at him with her pearl like eyes that always had shine on them.She has seen alot for her age and her friend and his parents were like a life savior for her.They were leaving and her bad days were about to start again.After her mother died giving birth to her,his father got married when she was 3.Her step mother was never fond of her until she gave birth to a son and her father got busy with his small family ignoring her.

"Arjun please take me with you.I feel scared here.Ask amma and appa they will take me ."

She was in tears and an immature Arjun wiped her tears feeling bad.

Moments later she was at the terrace having her eyes set on the car at which her friend and real family were going away.Before leaving her friend have given her something along with a promise.She opened small fold of her hands and took hiccups.A small key ring of superman.Whenever she would miss him,feel low and scared he asked her to take a look at it.He will be there with him to protect her from bad people.Kavya clutched the ring closer to her heart and sobbed.She remembered the last words he spoken to her.

"Kavi I will come back okay and take you away soon.Appa told me dont worry wait for me.And dont cry."

"Promise.I will wait for you.You will also not leave my like my amma?"

"I promise and Arjun Reddy never steps away from his word.You know that."

Even the little version of Reddy held such a power in voice.He shook hands with her for last time and left in car along with his family.His view was on her till he was at a distance far away from her, from life.

The voice of someone brought him back and it was same person he has been worrying for.Kavya who has become Saroja.He was yet to find out why and how she came to this situation.his blood boiled first time he found her in that place.For days he made himself understand that must have been an illusion.She cannot be his Kavya.

A month or two he wandered crazily leaving work and home to find out about her and her whereabouts.When he paid a visit to their village,all he found out, Vishnu uncle died after years when he shifted to city.His wife went to some other city taking her son and they sold their house.Kavya was with them or not, he got no clues.It was unfortunate of his fate he could trace her anywhere.Somewhat he blamed himself for losing out on her.

After they left village,Mr Reddy ( Arjun's father father) tried to be in contact with his friend but work kept him busy and following his wife's death.Arjun was busy with his grief.Slowly Vishnu ended ties with them influenced by his shrewd wife.Attempts were made so that Kavya never tries to contact any person from the Reddy family.

He had no clue where he would find his Kavya and if she was still somewhere keeping on to him and waiting for his promise.It was a while ago when he reached to confirmation with help of his men and contacts.Saroja was his Kavya and how she reached that place.He feared knowing the truth and cried for nights thinking what she had to go through.Worst how she have forgotten her own identity and why.Fate had played its best game on them and with them.He have been holding on to this anger and rage for hell time.Now he wanted to get her back to him and he would never go back on his words.

He was busy in his thoughts and Saroja made a face.She waved her hands in front of him.

S-"Seth.Where are you lost.?Hello."

Seeing his face, she bit her lips and smacked her head.

S-"Okay sorry.no Seth.mm.Reddy Saheb.would do?Haha."

He moved his head sideways and threw the ashes of cigarette on the astray

He moved his head sideways and threw the ashes of cigarette on the astray.He was in no mood to have a clash of words with her.Before they had when he tried to confront her.It was useless keeping the mirror to her and showing her who she was.Why would she believe she was someone else.Brainwashed and completely unaware of her past, she suffered a memory loss.How and who did that state to her , he would make sure he had a hand on them soon.He had only one motive to get her back to him and make her his Kavya again.He would do anything to make that happen, if he had to make her suffer for a while.

A-"Go and catch some sleep.I want to have a serious conversation with you tomorrow.And you better sound mature to me.

what?Leave."

He runs his hand through wet hairs and takes a deep breathe.She was standing there leaving flirty looks to him.he hated her antics.

S-"Wish me good night I will leave."

A-"What?you are crazy.Go."

He felt her hands on his and he could not move his feet.Her lips landed on his as she stole a quick kiss.She smirked at him.

S-"This is my way of wishing good night Reddy Saheb.Haha.Night."

She winked and dancing her way back went inside the house.He fell down on the chair and hid his face with his hands.It will be difficult and uncertain.

...............................................

A small part of past life revealed.Lets see if really Saroja is Kavya or Arjun's illusion :)

Thank you your every vote counts and silent readers thank you for the love and interest on this story :)

Do check out the latest poster :)