First Day Part 2

"Are you sure your alright? I mean, that looks like it hurts", Topanga said as she looked down at my knee.

"I'm fine, I swear", I laughed at it."Their both just scrapes-it's ok."

"If you say so", she shrugged."So Delilah, where are you from?"

"Well, I just moved here from Youngstown, Ohio", I said as we rounded a corner then walked down a hall to the door of History.

"Hmm, never been there", she shrugged."Anyway, you have any friends here yet?"

"Nope-you were the first one", I shrugged back.

"Really?", she raised her eyebrows.

"Of course! Why would you think otherwise?", I said.

"Because, look at you and look at me", she said."You sport a tomboy-ish look, and I'm...well...me."

"Like I said, if you judge someone just based off their name or how they look, your an ass", i I said."I'm not an ass, so therefore , I think your pretty cool."

"As are you", she smiled then we stood in front of the door."Ok, here's a couple things I need to tell you about this class."

"Alright, what's up?", I asked and leaned against the wall.

"I have a few friend in here that are...well, their them", she sighed."And see, they may be a little skeptical of you at first, but don't take it personally-I did'nt. Their idiots."

"Hey, look, nothing they can say or do can hurt me", I scoffed and held my hand up.

"I admire your confidence", she nodded."Are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be", I sighed.

The bell rang at that moment, so she opened the door and we walked in.

Some kids were already in there, and the teacher was at the front as I expected.

Two boys at the back of the room, were sitting on their desks and playing poker, then as soon as we walked in, they turned to us.