Merry Christmas

Christmas Eve (Morning)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A couple days after our fight, Caleb and I walked to school by ourselves because he wasn't waiting for us like he usually does every morning.

In fact, he hasn't been doing that for two days now.

When we go to school 10 minutes later, I took Caleb to his class then went to mine.

Shawn never looked at Corey or I, never spoke to us once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At lunch, Corey and I sat alone at the table, hoping Shawn would come and sit with us but he did'nt.

He walked into the cafeteria, looked at us for a few seconds, then turned and sat at an empty table by us.

I sighed then looked at Corey before I looked down at my food.

All of a sudden, Minkus walked in and straight over to Shawn's table.

"Shawn, it's tomorrow", he said.

"What are you talking about?", Shawn answered.

"I'm talking about the class present", Minkus nodded."You still have'nt paid your five dollars."

"Fine, I'll give it to you-I just don't have it on me right now, ok?", Shawn shrugged.

"I'm going to buy the present tonight-so today is the last day you have to give me the money", Minkus said.

"I said I'll give it to you", Shawn said annoyed and I looked up.

"If you don't give me 5 dollars right now, I'm not gonna put your name on the card-and the entire 6th grade of Jefferson Middle School is going to know that your a deadbeat", Minkus said and Shawn just stayed silent.

"Fine then-I am ok?", Shawn mumbled as he got up then he walked out of the lunchroom.

"Minkus", I sighed as I stood up and walked over to him."Leave him alone-he does'nt have the money."