Chapter Three

{Chapter Three}

About a half hour after I sit down Angel comes out with a stack of papers clutched in his right hand. He scans the beige room for a moment before his eyes find mine and they turn sharp, forming a glare. He makes his way over to me and looks seconds away from punching me but thankfully seems to refrain.

"They say I have a slight concussion so I have to go home with you so you can watch me," he mutters. Then his eyes narrow as he points an accusing finger at me. "It's all your fault, if you hadn't have ran me over."

"I thought we established this, I hit you, I didn't run you over, you bounced off the car onto the street. Anyway, that's fine, I'm heading to a friend's house and he'd be happy to have you."

~ ~ ~

"Isaiah, who the hell is this?" Celeste demands when he opens the door. Angel glares at him but Celeste returns it ten-fold, making the younger man flinch slightly at his mistake. I drop an arm over Angel's shoulders and grin brightly, even when Angel pushes me away with a huff.

"I'm Ángel, and your friend ran me over a few hours ago, the doctors forced me to stay with him because I have a slight concussion." I roll my eyes at this when Celeste's widen.

"I didn't run you over, we've been through this before. I hit you, there's a big difference."

"I hate you," he growls in reply but I only smile.

"I think you mentioned that already. Now come on, I want to get high already," Celeste's eyes widen while Angel just looks at me, trying to gauge if I'm joking.

"Isaiah!" Celeste hisses at the same time Angel asks, "What?"

I roll my eyes and push my way into Celeste's house, the two of them just staying behind in shock. Yep, I'm getting an earful after this. I head into the living room and take a seat on the crappy sofa Killian found in the alley behind their cheap apartment.

"So you hit him? How did you not see him? He's a fucking giant." Celeste comments after taking a seat next to me on the couch. Angel, I note, sits as far from me as possible in the small armchair Andre gave them last year. It's a pale eggshell white, only it has a hole burnt into it where Andre fell asleep smoking a joint, and a red stain from spaghetti I dropped on it.

"It was your fault, I was busy thinking of you in bed," I reply, winking suggestively at Celeste who rolls his eyes. Angel looks between us in confusion, yet he still looks pissed off. I wonder if that's his preset, a pissed off expression.

"Are you two a thing?" He asks curiously.

"Well, we have things, wanna see?" I offer Angel brightly while I go to unzip my jeans but he puts his hands out quickly to stop me.

"No!" He blurts. I laugh and shake my head while I zip my jeans back up.

"To answer your question, no, we're not a thing. I'm in a relationship,"

"Yeah, his name is Invisible Steve, child of Nonexistent Bob and Imaginary Carol," I joke. Celeste rolls his eyes and punches me in the arm.

"Shut up, Isaiah. He is not imaginary. His name is Killian, he's a doctor." He assures.

I nod, "Oh yeah, of course he's a doctor." I look to Angel and point to my head before I move my finger in circles, the universal 'crazy' motion.

"Oh my gosh, Isaiah. I am not crazy. I mean, not much anyway," he adds. I laugh and nod, leaning in close to him.

"Not crazy at all, babe," I coo. He rolls his eyes again and pushes me away. Meanwhile Angel looks completely confused.

"So..." he starts, motioning to the two of us.