Chapter Twelve

{Chapter Twelve}

"What's wrong with him?" I ask. My eyes look from Ángel's bandaged self to the doctor, who was none too happy to find me looming in Ángel's room. She tried and failed to get me out but in the end just gave up, realizing I wasn't going to leave.

"He's asleep," the woman deadpans. I glare at her, before my eyes fall back to Angel. "He should be awake in the next few hours."

"That isn't what I mean. What happened?" I can already guess what happened. It's pretty obvious, but I need the confirmation.

"We don't know, we're assuming it was gang related. He came into the ER unconscious, he was beaten, presumably to unconsciousness, before his right hand was fractured with a large object, possibly a lead pipe. He'll make a full recovery, however we fear he may need physical therapy for his hand. Visiting hours are over, by the way."

"Fine, consider me gone." I give one last glance to my Angel before I leave the room. As I walk out of the hospital, I feel my anger begin to bubble up once more, and at this point, I know what I have to do.

~ ~ ~

"Where is everyone?" I ask. The house stinks, like meth and sex. The man looks at me, the fear evident in his hunched posture and the fact that he's keeping his distance.

"I-I-I don't know," he stumbles. I roll my eyes at this and dismiss him with a wave of my hand.

As I make my way to the basement, I make sure to have anyone I cross follow me down, and message everyone they can to announce the family meeting. By the time I get down the stairs and sit on a lounge chair, I have more than half of the family cramped in the basement also.

"I assume all of you are wondering why I wanted this meeting. Well, after the death of Luck, and the constant backstabbing, I realized there's only one way to stop this.

"We need to kill Antonio. Don't get me wrong, this will prove to be a difficult task, however, with the cooperation of the entire family, and our allies in the local satanic cult, we can take him down once and for all. We will regain control of our city, and we no longer will have to watch our backs, and watch our brothers die. At least until the new leader of their gang regains control, but when that happens we will be ready. So I ask all of you to begin the search, find Antonio's hideout any way you can, and we will attack." By the end of my last sentence, everyone is cheering, coming up to pat my back, shower me with praise.

Over the next few minutes, everyone begins to disperse, in order to get information. I make sure to add, as everyone files out, to meet back here by five, that gives everyone two hours and some change. It gives me two hours to go seek out my good friend Aleister.

~ ~ ~

"Isaias, pray do tell me why you have come." Aleister greets. His lean body is sprawled across his black and red armchair, a throne as one would have it.

"I need your help. As you may know, Antonio has been attacking us, and will not stop until we surrender, that's not an option. This is where you come in, I need you to put out some people so we can take him down. A few feelers, if you will." I explain. Sweat is forming on my palms, due partially to the heat of the room, but mostly because this guy gives me the creeps. His thin lips pull into a crooked smile.

"And what gives you the right to ask my help?"

"You made a deal with Andre years ago to keep us protected so long as we used you as our supplier. You also owe me a favor for what I did for you when you were under investigation." He sighs heavily.

"All this because your ''friend'' was hurt? Ha, fine. I'll have a few people keep a lookout. If anyone finds anything, I will send the information immediately. Don't expect me to help your lot again, Isaias. I have no desire to be mixed in gang rivalry. You may leave, now." I roll my eyes and see his twitch.