Chapter Eight

{Chapter Eight}

"How did you know I was in trouble?" I ask Celeste once we're safe in my hotel with the door locked and blinds closed.

"You called me," he responds as he dabs at the wounds around my face with a wet towel. I screw my face up at that, although it probably doesn't look like much considering how swollen and bloody my face is.

"No I didn't."

"Let me rephrase that, your ass did." He explains. I snort and roll my eyes, cringing when they sting in pain.

"The power of the butt dial. But how did you know where I was?" I question.

"I tracked your phone's GPS signal after Celeste called me telling me you were in trouble." Andre supplies, not sounding at all pleased. Probably because he got dragged away from Avery, his little boy toy.

"Joy," I mutter, remembering distantly the day he was telling me about hacking, cracking, tracking and making viruses with a weird computer program Kali, a Linux program. He claims it's for his own safety, I claim he just wants to do it because it's the most malicious thing he can do since he got with Avery. I break from my thoughts when Celeste pokes at my jaw with the rag I hiss and slap his hand away.

"Don't be a pussy," Celeste deadpans but doesn't continue dabbing. He tosses the bloody towel on the floor in the corner of the room and all I can think is how much a blood stained towel is going to cost me when I check out. Celeste looks like he's going to say something but Andre beats him to it.

"What the hell were you thinking, Isaiah?" Andre demands and I stare at him.

"I was thinking I wanted to take a walk so I did." I answer. He looks ready to slap me but Celeste glares at him. Of course, Andre doesn't take too kindly to that and tenses up but before I have to say anything he just turns to me.

"You're fucking suicidal, where the hell is Luck? He's supposed to be your right hand, he should stick to you, make sure you don't get hurt, like you always did for me. God dammit, Isaiah, you're too important to be alone. You are on everyone's radar, they could kill you." Andre explains heatedly. I just grin at him.

"Then let them get me, Andre. Let them kill me, it saves me the trouble." I spit. He stares at me and starts to shake, until Celeste puts his hand on Andre's shoulder and gives him the look, the one mothers give their children when they fight with their spouse. The look that says, get out, you can't do anything about it.

Andre looks reluctant but nods stiffly. He leaves, closing the door behind him. Celeste looks at me, his eyes searching my bloody, broken face.

"What's wrong, Isaiah?"

"Nothing,"

"Liar. Tell me. What happened?" Celeste demands.

"Nothing, nothing happened Celeste. Why can't you guys leave me the fuck alone. I'm not a goddamn child that needs constant supervision! I am Isaiah Stone, I'm a fucking leader. I am the boss of the most notorius gang in this state! So back the fuck off before I make you another number." I yell, having pushed Celeste against the wall, my fingers wrapped tightly around his neck.

He smirks at me, and a minute later I feet cold steel against my jugular.

"You're losing control, Isaiah, pull your shit together." He gasps out, his voice cracking because of my tight hold on him. I know what he's saying is true, but I can't help it; I tighten my grip until he drops his knife, his breath becoming short gasps. To be fair, I don't see an ounce of fear in his eyes, just a tinge of anger, anger at being jumped like this.