Chapter Nine

{Chapter Nine}

"Celeste," I poke at his face, but he just groans and slaps my hand away. I smirk and get on the bed, putting one leg on either side of his body so I'm straddling his waist. I lean down and push my lips against his, running my hands down and slipping them under the blankets to caress his bare chest. I pinch his nipples sharply until he finally stirs, opening his tired eyes to glare at me.

He pushes my head up so I'll stop the kiss and he flicks my hands away from his chest. He rolls us over in one, swift movement so he's on top and he glares down at me.

"What are you doing?" his crackly voice asks and I smirk.

"I got bored." I respond.

"So you thought waking me up would be a fun idea? Jesus, what time is it?" he demands, getting off me and out of bed to pull on his clothes.

"Why are you asking Jesus? He isn't here."

Celeste takes a deep breath and bites his lip, obviously trying to control his frustration. Rather than asking again he just checks his phone and a string of curses fall from his perfectly shaped lips.

"Dammit, Isaiah, why didn't you wake me up sooner? Killian is going to murder me." He snaps as he pulls on his shirt, then proceeds to grab his wallet, phone, knife and car keys.

"I figured the good doctor could handle a bit of a wait, just tell him I was an emotional wreck and needed sex," I explain simply. His eyes glare into me and begin to twitch at the corners.

"That's what hookers are for, and until I get a grand a night, I refuse to be that for you."

"Ah, I get it. We only get to do something when you're having an emotional crises. Makes sense," I reply with a bite to my words. His face turns red and he clenches his fists. He bites his lip hard and bends down so he's standing over me before he grabs a fist of my hair.

"Be good, or else I will strap you to this bed and make you suffer." He threatens and I smirk, a thrill going through my body.

"Sounds good to me," I challenge. I expect him to get frustrated but I didn't anticipate the hard slap he gives me with a good glare. I feel the sting heat my cheek and I reach up to rub it slightly, shocked.

"Shut up, Isaiah. I'm going home so go find some new fuck buddy." He snaps and with that, stalks out of the hotel room, slamming the door behind him.

I smile at this and finally grab my phone, checking the time only to smile that much more. I get out of bed, take a hot shower and put on fresh clothes. A deep red shirt with black jeans and combat boots, slipping a knife in my pocket and grabbing my baton, hooking it to my belt in case I encounter more unpleasant company.

I slip my phone and wallet in my pockets and grab my keys, a flicker of anticipation flowing through me. I slide into my car and roar out of the parking lot, leaving dust in my wake.

The large sign for the university comes in view and I quickly find a spot after getting a pass. I get out and head over to Angel's last class of the day. The class is released within a few minutes of my getting there and I wait patiently for Angel to come out. When he does, he's with someone I don't recognize.

The man has dark hair and gray eyes, he's a bit shorter than Angel, a good inch or two shorter. I pay little mind to the small man, but rather I keep my eyes trained on Angel. They walk out together and nearly go right past me, seemingly in their own little world.

Angel, however, notices me before they pass and he groans, turning to the man and bidding him farewell.

"Should I get a restraining order?" Angel questions in irritation. By now I can tell his irritation is fake, a show to see how much I'll take before I leave him alone for good. Lucky for him, I can take a lot before I leave.