Chapter Thirteen

{Chapter Thirteen}

"No, I won't, I can't. Isaiah, I left Yerial because I was tired of that shit, I'm not about to get into it again."

I sigh at this, remembering my conversation with Andre not too long ago.

How did this happen? At what point did this become more than what I thought? When did this become so dangerous? Dangerous overnight.

Not knowing what else to do, I park in front of Andre's house. After all, he got out. He made it out, he knows how to stay out. He was my leader after all, and even if all my brothers view him as vermin, he's still my brother, my best friend, my leader. He'll know what to do. I know it.

I get out of my dark red Camaro and walk over to the black iron gate that holds a large German Shepard, Putin, inside. I knock on the blue door and wait a few minutes for someone to answer. No more than five minutes later Avery answers the door, looking pissed that it's me until he takes in my appearance.

His own appearance tells me he just got out of bed, unbrushed blonde hair, teary eyes, and a thin pair of boxers being the only thing hiding his dick from view. In any other circumstance, I'd get horny and call Celeste to tell him all about Avery's constant teasing. But this isn't normal circumstance and right now I don't give a shit that Avery is nearly naked, or that his boxers leave very little to the imagination.

His expression morphs into that of confusion and he tilts his head to the side, much like Putin does when Avery and Andre call him at the same time.

"I need to talk to Andre," I state seriously. He tilts a brow and doesn't move from the doorway so I can't get in. I find myself growing irritated at this, but I keep myself in check, I don't need Andre getting pissed because I stabbed his clingy Chihuahua.

"Talk to him or get high? You know he has to stay clean right now, they're drug testing everyone at his work." He reminds. I roll my eyes and push my way past Avery into their small entry hall. I take off my boots and walk towards the bedroom where I assume Andre is considering Avery looks like he just got out of bed. They probably just got done fucking.

And again, in any other circumstance, I would call up Celeste and talk about how hot it would be to watch the two in action, then talk about how I should offer Andre money for a sex tape. Celeste would no doubt chuckle and inform me Avery would never do it, but he'd gladly make one with Killian. But none of that is happening, not now. Right now my main concern is Angel, not sex, not the half-naked Avery, or fully nude Andre sprawled across the bed.

"Boss," I greet out of habit. He looks up at me with irritation until he takes in my serious expression and stature.

"I'm not your boss anymore, Isaiah. But what is it?" He asks as he sits up. He reaches down on the floor to grab a pair of burgundy boxers with a black shirt to pull on. He gets out of bed and pulls on the clothes before grabbing a pack of cigarettes and nodding at me to follow him. He leads me down the stairs past Avery who is fuming with his arms crossed in the kitchen. He opens his back door and leads me out to the back where his pool is.

He lights a cigarette and takes a seat on one of the four lawn chairs set up. I follow suit and reach out for his pack and he hands it to me along with a lighter. I light up and inhale deeply, feeling slightly relaxed already. But not enough. I don't think I'll ever really be completely at ease as long as all this is going on.

"So what is it, Isaiah?"

"It's--" I can't even finish my sentence because as soon as I start Avery appears next to Andre. My irritation flares up and against my better judgment I glare daggers at Avery who was already giving me a dirty look. "Fuck off."