Chapter Four

{Chapter Four}

"Wait, where are you going? I don't live in this area, I'm in the dorms." Angel complains when he realizes I'm getting further away from the university.

"I figured as much, but I'm not dropping you off at your apartment. I'm bringing you to my hotel," I inform him. His eyes widen into saucers and he reaches for the door handle but I lock it.

"Oh hell no. You can not take me to your hotel!" he exclaims, still pulling at the locked door as if it's going to open the hundredth time. I spare him a glance but continue driving anyway.

"I can and will. You have a concussion, remember? You can't be alone." I point out. I don't see it but rather feel his mossy eyes glaring at me.

"I hate you," he mumbles. A smirk pulls at my lips and I nod.

"I know."

He huffs in irritation, staring out the window and adamantly ignoring me. Until we start going deeper into gang territory and I can tell he's tensing up.

"Um, where exactly is this hotel?" he asks wearily. I shrug but refuse to answer because I know if I do he'll freak out and jump out of the car. Then I'll have to take him to ER again, and I'm sure they won't be excited to see him again so soon.

I lock the doors once more as a precaution and continue driving until I reach the hotel. The hotel that, if I may make the assumption, probably has cockroaches. The outside is covered in graffiti of our family, a warning, and the parts not covered with spray paint has pealing plaster that reveals moldy siding.

"Where are we?" Angel demands. I park in my spot and get out, with Angel hesitantly following. I lock up my car and lead the way to my room, up a set of stairs and down a few doors to the left. The chipped white paint with the numbers one-fifty spray painted on it is what I'm met with. I put my key card in and open the finicky door, motioning for Angel to come in.

He enters hesitantly and looks around, his entire body tense.

"Want something to drink? Or want to get high again?" I ask, winking at him. He glares at me.

"I'm a college student, I'm too smart to get high." He sneers. I notice he still hasn't taken a seat and I can't help the smirk that pulls at my lips because he thinks he's too good to relax in my cheap apartment.

"That's not what you were saying at Celeste's house," I point out. He flushes in irritation, his fists clenching at his sides.

"Screw you. I'm not staying in your roach infested hotel on the shitty side of town. I'm going home," he snaps, confirming my own suspicions about the roaches. He goes for the door but I quickly block it with my body and tilt my head so it appears we're at the same height.

"No, you're not. You still have a concussion and you can't be walking alone around here. Especially now that it's getting dark. Just stay here for the night, you idiot." I growl harshly, threateningly. He takes a step back, probably out of self preservation, but still has his eternal glare plastered on his face.

"I'm not--"

"Yes you are," I hiss before he can finish. I feel the anger brimming, simmering just under the surface, waiting for the okay to be released. It begs to boil my blood, heat it until my body is burning, shaking with it.

But I hold it at bay because I don't want to get mad at Angel, something about him is just incredibly interesting. Whether it be the fact that he hates me so I automatically want to be around him, like Celeste in the beginning, or because he isn't part of the family, or any family for that matter. He's normal, no drugs, no affiliations. Nothing. He's a normal college student, and something about that is just a weird concept to me. The only normal person I know is Avery, and he never really interested me in the first place. He's just too quiet, too timid.