Chapter Six

{Chapter Six}

"Hi there," I greet with my brightest smile, trying to make my eyes twinkle with it as I stare at the woman sitting behind the counter. Her eyes, a pretty brown much like freshly varnished wood, stares at me behind her round glasses.

"Can I help you?" She asks, her voice quiet like she rarely uses it. I wonder how that is considering she's a receptionist for a university.

"I sure hope so. Well, you see, my cousin goes here and damn him, he forgot to tell me his schedule. He's so excited I'm coming out, I just don't want to catch him when he's about to go to class, or while he's at class. So I was hoping you could give me a copy of his schedule," I lie with an ease that should frighten me, but only excites me. The young woman stares at me before biting her lip.

"We're really not supposed to give that information out," she replies. I grin, showing my teeth as I lean further into the counter so I'm closer to her.

"Aw come on, he's family. I'm sure you can make an exception," I purr. A light blush covers her face and I can tell she's trying to stay professional, but it's clear my seduction is working. Or so I think.

"I'm sorry, sir. I'm not at liberty to divulge that information. You'll have to speak to your cousin." She explains. Fury rushes through my veins, burning them in an instant, and in that instant I feel the intense need to threaten the woman for the information. But as always, I remind myself that won't do me any good, and instead I plaster on a fake smile.

"Aw, okay. I understand. Do you mind if I wait here for him though? I'm sure he'll pass through sometime. It's just that I know he never answers his phone, so I can't call him." I explain, quickly formulating a new plan. She shrugs and nods, still seeming flustered by my flirting but I ignore her and take a seat in the lobby that branches off to the dorms.

I pull out my phone to read the messages I ignored this morning. There's already ten unread messages, which is a lot because not many people know my number. I constantly go from one burner phone to the next, just in case a pig tries to track me using my number they'll hit a dead end. I open the first message.

From: Luck

no sign of Anto every1 is lookin.sorry bout yesterday

I roll my eyes and delete it without a second thought. The next eight are from Andre and Celeste, and one from an unknown number. I open the ones from Andre and Celeste first though.

From: Andre

hey, come over when you got time, need some

I immediately realize he means he needs weed. Though of course, Andre being as paranoid as me, doesn't like to use specific names over the phone. I send a quick reply that I'll try to come over soon before I open the ones from Celeste, who evidently blew up my phone

From: Celeste

hey, why did you leave??? wanted to talk to u more.

From: Celeste

u stole my joints!

From: Celeste

come back over when you have time

From: Celeste

and bring your friend

From: Celeste

but wait until Killian is gone

From: Celeste

he works all day