Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Hiccup's P.O.V

The sun rays slip through my eyelids and I open my eyes, taking in the light, I look around me and I see a campfire burning about a meter away from me, I see my prosthetic leg on the sand beside me, I smile and put it on. I stand up, glad that I can to finally move again. I look around and I see... Toothless? He is sleeping soundly with something buried in his wings, I gently tug them apart, trying so hard not to wake Toothless up, A sleeping Astrid lays in there, SHE LOOKS SO PERFECT LAYING THERE! Her blonde hair covers half of her face and neck, then after a few seconds she's turning and twisting, and her eyes fall open and land on me. She gets up and throws herself on my shoulders. I don't flinch. I'm just surprised She's hugging me after what happened with Radlynn. But wait- Astrid kissed Snotlout too. So I have the right to be mad. But- I... Umm... You know what. Screw it. I hug her back and a sigh of relief escapes from her lips and she rests her head on my shoulder, swaying slooowly back and fourth.

"This is nice" Astrid says. I nod in agreement. I'm getting sleepy again. I just woke up and I'm still tired. I sense the same thing about Astrid and extend my arms, putting my hands on her shoulder I slide down on the smooth sand and lay down to watch the clouds. Astrid does the same. Her breathing is so calm and gentle. This is good. It's really good.

Ok thanks for reading guys, sorry that it's short, but it's still a chapter! Next chapter will hopefully be up tomorrow!!!