Chapter 4

heart, she felt this warm feeling in her chest, it was so loving and could understand why she was excited, Iris realized how lonely Rosabel was when she spoke that she was her first friend. Iris took the crown from her had again and stood up before Rosabel and placed the beautiful piece on her head. " Thank you, Rosabel, for the gift, I'd be happy to become your friend" Iris smiled as she put her hands to the side. Rosabel touched the crown on her head and glanced up at Iris, she was happy that she could make a new friend from another kingdom, she could have someone to talk and wouldn't have to play with her dolls where she had to make believe or nag her father and mother to play with her. Rosabel took the crown from her head and gave it back to Iris " No, this is my gift from me to you, take it as a token of our friendship" she smiled and held out her hand to Iris, " It's pretty hot out, so let's go sit beneath the tree and I can show you how to make flower crowns".

Iris saw Rosabel's hand reached out to her, and slightly lift her hand up, Iris felt her heart beat loudly, she was unsure to take this chance to make a new friend but she couldn't back

down now. Taking Rosabel hand they raced together towards tree running past so many flowers that their petals made a trail behind them. Reaching to the top spending the rest of the afternoon laughing and playing. Nightfall came soon and Iris had to go back home with her father, Rosabel was sad that their fun had come to an end and didn't know when Iris would be back to visit. The carriage was outside waiting for Iris and her father but before Iris could step inside Rosabel could not bare to leave her without a goodbye. She ran towards her leaping into her arms, " Iris!" she hugged Iris tight as a tear drops slipped from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks " I...don't want you to go yet" she whispered softly trying to hold back the tear and time they had together but how was she ever going to know Iris would come back one day.