Chapter 11

how much longer must I stay here and not know what lies outside these castle walls!" Iris shouted curling her fist into a ball, she couldn't help but let the tears fall down her cheeks crying. All she ever wanted was Rosabel to be safe, she can't practice or think straight because Rosabel was still out there lonely and scared, how can her father know what she feels if he won't take her out once. Iris father took a step forward and went on his knees " Iris you know why I can't take you, for a young girl to see the blood and gore on the ground is a nightmare, something your mother and I won't approve of, outside of these walls lies death, When you get older I promise to take you but not now," he moved his hands and brought Iris closer to him " If something bad were to happen to you, and I'm not there to save you I will lose a daughter I loved so much for" he picked Iris up wiping her tears away with his hands.

Iris knew her father was right but she felt useless because she was only a kid who wasn't strong enough yet to defend herself, Iris hugged her father tightly " I'm sorry father I lashed out at you, please forgive me" more tears began to overflow as she tried to wipe her face with her sleeve. Irise father smiled slightly patting her head " Let's go take a walk around the castle to freshen up and then will have some tea with your mother outside" he looked at Iris smiling carrying her out of the room. Iris rested her head on her father's shoulders and closing her eyes feeling relaxed and warm. As they both the entered grande hall and stepped outback behind the castle Iris could feel the warm sun light hit her skin, it's been so long since Iris went outside and played in the sun, the last time she went outside was when she was with Rosabel... the thought of it made her sad but she came outside to refresh her mind. She saw her mother outside sitting having tea and sweet mini cakes and light snacks. Iris got down from her father and ran to her mother sitting on her lap and taking a deep breathe of relief, she was happy she went out to have a break, maybe one day when she grows older she will find Rosabel until then she must be patient and wait till the right time comes.