Chapter 18 ( Final! )

down and right towards Regine " Argh!, you will pay for what you have done Regine!", Regine lashed out her staff quickly and changed its form to a sword, she braced the impact of Iris as both swords hit against each other. The sound on the battlefield was filled with the sounds of cannons and smoky fire rising up making the air hot, deaths of screams of men dying onto the ground and Iris could now understand why her father never brought her to look for Rosabel, the bloodshed mixed on the ground dirt gave it a dark color, the gore that came out of the men as Iris saw in the corner of her eye was horrific, She turned around and clashed her sword hard against Regine making her tumble back to the ground, Iris covered her mouth closing her eyes, Regine stood up and laughed at Iris " HAHAHA!, you have never seen blood and guts dripping out before have you Iris" the evil queen took a step forward charging at Iris," Look at you! Weak and scared of men dying!" Iris looked up holding her sword tightly she swung it at Regine " Men are not used for toys! they all deserve to live!" she kicked Regine with her foot into her stomach lashing her sword straight outward right into Regine's chest. Iris held her stand and tears came down her face, she killed her friend and couldn't save her soul or body. Regine let her sword drop to the ground her arms moved motionless as she lost the color of her red eyes, the evil queen dropped her head forward but a small cracks of words came out and it wasn't the queens "Iris, I'm sorry I...caused you pain " Iris looked at see her old friend there bleeding to death, Iris took her sword out and held her body close" No, I'm sorry Rosabel please forgive me, I wouldn't have done what I did and.." Rosabel placed her hand on Iris cheek "It's okay Iris, you're still my friend even after death" with the last breath Rosabel closed her eyes and faded, Iris held her close crying but saw saw Rosabel body glowing and fading into red rose petals, Iris stood up looking at the sunrise of dawn, she wiped her face and saw the beautiful reflection of red and pink colors in the sky, The battle was over but Iris friendship with Rosabel would never be over, their memories of when they were young will remain forever up in the heavens of the Holy Knight.