How To Train Your Kidnapper

When I wake up, I'm not on Slitherwing Island. I'm in a bed that's nowhere near as nice as the one I have back home. I try and recollect my memories of last night, which come back to me the moment they're called.

Hiccup and I talked for a little longer before Saffron and I returned to her cave. Once we were back I realised I'd left the gold behind, so I walked back to get it while Saffron and Harmony slept. I remember laying down and watching the stars for what seemed like hours on end before I drifted off to sleep myself.

I quickly reach up to make sure my mask is still on, which it thankfully is. But that doesn't mean nobody removed it while I was unconscious. What happened? Where am I? Are my dragons safe? All these questions continue to swarm through my brain like Terrible Terrors.

The door starts creeping open so I shut my eyes, pretending to still be asleep. "Woah, so Hiccup did bring him here!" I recognise Snotlout's voice and barely contain a scowl. I hear his footsteps getting closer and closer. "I'll just have a little peek," I can practically see that cocky smirk on his face.

"Snotlout, leave her alone and get out of my house!" Hiccup's voice snaps suddenly. "Stop trying to take her mask off, she'll feed you to the Nadders!"

"Oh come on, Hiccup! You're telling me you never once looked under that mask while you brought him here?"

"No!" He sounds insulted at that, not defensive.

"Well then take a look now!"

Just as he rips my mask from my face, I turn around so he can't see what lies beneath. While I do this I make sure to punch him as hard as I can whilst snatching back my mask. He howls out in pain.

"Did you really think you could get off so easily?" I taunt, my eyes narrowing as I turn back to face the boys now that my mask is back in place. They both shrink back slightly, more than surprised by my suddenly conscious state.

With another punch to the face on my behalf Snotlout is out cold. "So, Hiccup, why did you bring me here?" I ask, glaring at him. He takes another step away from me, seeing what I did to Snotlout.

"I saw you unconscious on the ground, I thought something had happened to you so I brought you back here and asked Gothi to look at you. When there was apparently nothing wrong with you I decided to take you back before you woke up but then I caught Snotlout sneaking in here."

"So who has seen behind my mask?" I demand, my voice turning icier by the second. "Nobody has, Gothi wanted to but I stopped her from looking," he answers. I just glare, trying to decide whether to believe this or not.

I've met Gothi once before and I know she wouldn't be able to tell anyone much about me even if she wanted to, so I'll let her involvement slide even if she knows who I am. But Hiccup... If Hiccup knows I'll never hear the end of it. He will never let me leave. I know him too well.

"Did you look?" I persisted to Hiccup. "I need to know the truth!" "Artemis, of course I didn't, I wouldn't do that when I know it means a lot to you!" He looks hurt now. I sigh, realising I have no choice but to drop the matter.

"Where is my dragon?" I ask. "They're not here, I carried you on Toothless," Hiccup answered, then quickly added that Toothless didn't see anything either. As if on cue, Toothless bounds in and jumps at me.

I hit my head hard on the floor and groan out in pain, causing the heaviest Night Fury in the world to get back off of me again, licking at me apologetically. "Are you okay?" Hiccup asks, offering a hand. I let him help me up. "I'll be fine, but are you sure that dragon is tame?" I shoot him a questioning look. We both laugh while Toothless looks at the floor, a guilty expression painting his face.

"How are you doing after that little poisoning?" I ask the Night Fury. He gives me a grin to show he's feeling alright now. "Good," I reply, scratching him behind the ear, then on a certain spot under his chin. He collapses to the floor, happy and peaceful.

"Before you ask, I didn't do anything that will hurt him," I tell Hiccup, who gently shakes Toothless. "He'll be down for a few moments, it's kind of like the effects of dragon nip in a way," I explain. Just then Toothless leaps up again, nuzzling at Hiccup to assure him he's fine.

The door suddenly opens. "Son? Have you got a-" Stoick pauses when he sees me. "Ask your son," is all I say before I go back to playing with Toothless, who is currently laughing at the look on Hiccup and Stoick's faces.

Was that rude? A little. Was that uncalled for? I'll have to remind you that Hiccup kidnapped me, this is his karma coming back to him.

Toothless nudged Hiccup over to his father and then came back to me. I presented a few stems of dragon nip from a hidden pouch in my skirt and held it out to him. His eyes lit up at it in the most adorable way possible, the same thing that happens to all dragons who like this sort of drug.

I point down and Toothless sits instantly. I grin. I love training dragons this way. I roll my finger in a circle and he rolls over. I run my thumb across my neck and he plays dead. This is way too easy.

"What are you doing?" Hiccup asks me after a while. I look to him. "Training Toothless," I say simply before giving the Night Fury his reward. He curls up on the floor, elated. "I can barely get him to sit," Hiccup said, impressed. "Have you tried dragon nip?" I suggest to him.

He sighed. "How did I not think of that before?"