31

That was when I knew I couldn't keep this going. My selfishness had to reach a limit at some point, and that was now.

I had no intention of Taehyung ever finding out that I'm pregnant and caging him in. He deserves the best in this world, and that is not me. I can't hang onto him forever.

I tried to disappear from his life once before, but now I need to truly end it before I get his hopes up even more.

"Nothing," I muttered as emotionlessly as possible. "Nothing you can do will ever be enough for me."

My heart, or what was left of it anyways, was truly ripped apart and shredded as I uttered those words.

The other end of the line was silent for a beat before he spoke up again. "Yuna-"

"No Taehyung, listen to me. We're not together anymore. You can't keep contacting me like this. I'm done with you and I'd appreciate it if you left me alone."

"Yuna, what are you talking about? We-we slept together," his voice broke, and so did everything inside of me. "You said you loved me. Did that night mean nothing to you?"

The more he spoke, the more upset he sounded, and the crueler I felt.

"No, it didn't," I muttered, keeping my voice cold and detached. "I'm sorry, I lied to you, but you really mean nothing to me."

That was when I heard the sob.

"Then-then what was that? Everything we had? Did it all mean nothing to you?"

You have no idea, Taehyung.

You're my world. You always will be.

"I was just using you," I lied. Every bone in my body was shaking. No- not shaking. I was practically convulsing, yet I used every fiber of my being to keep my voice steady. "Who wouldn't want to be with a popstar like you just for their own personal gain."

"Jagiya," he croaked.

"Don't call me that. I'm with someone else now," I paused. "Someone I truly love."

A waited a moment.

Two.

Three.

"Oh."

Oh?

And that was the last thing I heard before the line cut off.