Chapter 9: Risking Your Life for a Shadowhunter P2

"A little overdressed for this, aren't you?" Jace provoked Magnus as they crossed the Institute's corridors, followed by Isabelle, Luke and half of his werewolf pack.

"Spare me your judgement, Mr. I'm-Better-Than-Anyone," Magnus snapped right back.

Isabelle sighed. If she weren't so damn nervous she would have chastised them like she'd do to some misbehaving kids. Emotions were high. After leaving the warlock's lair they decided to use a portal to get to Boston. Jace would lead them straight to the warehouse, and Luke had offered his and his pack's help with the mission, even though Magnus strongly objected to it.

He didn't want more people involved in this than it was necessary; he didn't want to create a blood bath. This was between him and Valentine; he should be the only one risking himself, not a pack of people who had family waiting at home.

Magnus had changed his clothes to a black shirt and a black blazer jacket with light silver markings drawn on it, wine colored pants, matching wine colored tie and black military boots. He had also put on some black glittery eye shadow with a snap of his fingers. Jace's opinion was that his change of clothes was completely unnecessary and time wasting, but Magnus's clothing had its purpose.

The blazer had been magically altered many years ago to contain a various amount of inner pockets, which he filled with all the magical objects he thought could be handy in case of a battle. Magnus wasn't facing Valentine unprepared.

They entered Jace's bedroom and Magnus set up the portal against the wall. Jace led them through and they landed on a street that ended in a field of grass and trees. There weren't any buildings or people around.

"This is the place, I swear," Jace said convincing the others and himself.

"It must be glam-" Isabelle started, but before she could finish her sentence, Magnus snapped his fingers, letting some blue sparks escape them, and the field of trees was replaced by the abandoned warehouse.

Magnus took the lead and everyone followed him to the main entrance which was locked. Magnus exploded it out of their way with a wave of his hand. Everyone could see how pissed he was.

"So, what's the plan?" Jace asked as they entered the building and he kept up with Magnus. The others were following them.

"Hmm?" Magnus pretended to be too distracted with where they were going to answer.

"Magnus, tell me you have a plan." Jace sounded a bit panicky.

"Oh, I have a plan. And you will stay out of it," was all Magnus said as they reached an open door in the middle of the corridor on the left which led them to the main hall.

It was empty, except for the people in it. Valentine and his crew were all standing in the middle of the room. Magnus was the first to reach them, stopping right in front of Valentine.

"Well, I believe we have a special guest, gentlemen," Valentine spoke to his shadowhunters. "I knew you wouldn't let me down, Jonathan," Valentine said facing Jace, who was standing next to Magnus looking at his father with rage.

Magnus counted twenty-two Shadowhunters including Valentine. They were outnumbered, but Magnus knew they could take them down. He also noticed a portal ready to be used on the wall behind Valentine's side of the room.

Magnus kept probing the room until his eyes fell on an unconscious Alec, laid down on the floor at the left side of the room, guarded by a shadowhunter. Magnus's face twitched in pain when he saw him like that and he felt his heart sinking down his body.

"Alec!" Isabelle shouted her brother's name and ran towards him, but when she was only a few steps away, she was hit back by some sort of barrier.

"What the hell..." she mumbled confused.