Max's concerned

Max had woken up on his cot. His mind whirling, was last night a dream? He got off the bed and threw on his hoodie. He's too tired to deal with Wolves right now. But he was going to push his luck again tonight and see if the wolf would kill him or be nice again.
He sat in the mess hall and yawned. When he looked around he was one of the only three people in the hall. Preston was there reciting lines to some musical, and Nerris was being nerdy again. He looked around and saw David walking around, looking like he was in pain.
"Hey David. Why do you look hurt, you moron. Did you fall from a tree like an acorn?" Max asked, covering his real concern with insults.
David just smiled, "oh nothing Max! I just slept wrong." There were bags under his eyes and as he waved max off he saw bandages on his stomach. He glared.
"Why are there bandages on your stomach then huh David?" He crossed his small arms.
"Oh well trying to get fire wood is pretty dangerous at night." He just smiled and walked off.
Then it was the evening and David walked off somewhere. And Max being Max, followed. He was not about to let the only person he saw as a dad die. His snuck around and saw him run into the woods. He his behind a tree, and he saw a something horrible.
He saw David shift. His bones rearranged, and everything changed before his eyes.
There was the wolf from the night before, a few minutes later. He came out of hiding.
"David I know it's you." He said to the reddish brown wolf. The wolves head swirled around.
It let out a whine. And it's eyes became like snow globes as if to say, 'please don't tell.'
"You loser I won't tell, as long as I can stay with you when you change. It looks... Painful." David looked up. And did the dog equivalent of smiling.
Max walked with him for the night, and then earlier than last night, he yawned.
"David why did you have those bandages?" David looked down. He ran off, and max yelled for him. But he was back seconds later with a newspaper in his teeth.
"The Lilac Lake monster has been wounded, but sadly not killed,
The monster was looming over a man who accidentally wondered into the woods surrounding the famous Camp Campbell. The monster found the man and seemed very territorial. The man thankfully survived. He had stabbed the beast, but this did not stop it from running the man out of the territory.
This man is now recruiting people to guard the camp's children. We have an interview with him and his squadron.
"This monster is a danger to children. It has killed and it will do it again." Marcel the local bartender said.
"We plan on getting the approval of the counselor/s of the camp so we can get rid of the danger to the children." Mr. Scree says."
The article ended and Max's face instantly became concerned. David might be a Lycan, but he has a reason to kill. Those people must have been bad people. Well most people are bad, but these might be worse. If he was going to kill, the kids, he would have by now. He's had plenty of reasons, and opportunities.