Ok no hiatus, new chapter, and shout-outs

AN: thanks to random_hedgehog I decided to continue. And some others I am thankful to. Enjoy the chapters

The men would walk around, appear out of nowhere, and scare kids. And David did not like it one bit. One day David decided to go on a nature hike. This would make the kids feel a little bit better. Secretly David was hoping to ditch the hunters. He smiled and told his kids about his plan.
"Hiking time campers." He said jovially. The campers followed quietly, and they made their way to the woods. Max was right behind David, watching for any jump scares, or men in uniform. Max might not be a werewolf or anything other then an angry, overprotective, swearing, ten year old gremlin, but he would protect his dad. Even if he had to act like he hated the man to do it.
David smiled as he knew his kids were safe. And that's when Neil complained.
"Can we stop here?" David jus nodded enthusiastically.

"Hey max?" He asked
"Yeah camp man?"
"I brought you a book you might enjoy." He said holding a copy of The Darkness of Evelynn (I'm so sorry about the book thing, it's a book I'm writing to publish in the real world. Yay writing...)
Max took the book and sat down on a nearby stump. He opened the book and started to read.
Nikki and Neil were still trying to find out what David was. Even though they knew something was up, they were not going to tell those weird guys in padded suits, with weapons. The summer day was warm and sunny with not a cloud to be seen. That's when David saw it.
A small completely white bat, who he knew was Daniel. He knew but he strange coloration, Max told him it was a vampire, and that one night where he met the man in the woods and he flew away. He walked over to the tree where the bat resided.
"Hello Daniel." He said very quietly, startling the bat. The bat looked at him and bared his fangs in a smile. David held his arm out and the bat gladly flew on. David smiled, and walked over to the isolated Max.
"Hey it's that vampire I met a couple nights ago." He said quietly just looking up from his book for a second or two.
"Hello Max." Daniel yawned. Max just nodded in acknowledgment.
"Well I see Daniel has met you like this." Max looked up at breakneck speed.
"Daniel!?" He whisper-yelled.
"Yes, that is me, and I do wish to apologies for my behavior. I know now I am in the wrong." He said solemnly, wings ready to take of if he was told to.
"Fine apology accepted, just don't hurt David or me. Alright?" The bat nodded.
For the next forty minute David Daniel and max sat together, all reading in three shade, while the kids were the most docile they were all season. That's probably because Max was usually the chaos monger. Max smiled, he felt kinda like a family, a family of weird monsters, a camp man, an ex-cultist, and a gremlin ten year old. But it was a family. With out even relishing he was petting the small bat.
The small bat did not protest however, he just looked content. Then they all simultaneously remembered that the end of camp was coming very soon. So they enjoyed the peace.
That's when they heard the stomping. David shot up in and instant the little bat trying to drag max to a safer area.
The monster hunters had found them.
"Why did you all leave without telling us! We have the right to know where you are at all times for your safety!" The leader yelled.
"I did not know it was your job to keep my camp safe!" David yelled. Anger almost made him see red. That's when the explosion happened
"NONE OF MY KIDS ARE HURT, SO ITS NOT YOUR CONCERN! THESE KIDS ARE MY RESPONSIBILITY, NOT ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN HURT BY ANY DUMB MAN IN THE WOODS WHO PEOPLE THINK IS A MONSTER! ARE YOU AN IDIOT?! I DON'T BELIEVE YOU KNOW WHATS BEST FOR THESE KIDS, YOU ARE ALL ANCIENT HISTORY. NOW LEAVE MY CAMP!"
David was fuming, the men were shocked. This red headed, lanky, happy go lucky loser (their words not mine I love David) wistful yelled at them and told them to leave? It was surreal to the kids as well. Max was taken aback but decided to help his dad.
"Yeah. I don't believe any of those people killed were good people anyway, you can't just wander into the biggest forest in town without knowing the dangers. And I've read some of the articles, many of the people killed were pedos. So shut your whore mouth!" Max yelled.
The men growled, "the monster have token control of them, kill the red head exorcise the kid."
"DONT EVER TOUCH MY COUNSELOR, TOUCH HIM AND YOUR HAND WITH BE GONE FASTER THAN A SNAP. YOU STUPID FUCKING SHITBAGS!" Max screamed.
David just growled, "this is my camp can't I have all rights to kick you out of it, now leave and never come back." The men hesitated, still holding weapons, "I SAID GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CAMP!"
The kids where astounded. David the man child just cussed. The men ran off. Scared of what the authorities might think. David started shaking . He dropped to his knees and then began to hyperventilate. Daniel ran out of the trees, completely human, and slide next to the man, dirt covered his once pristine white pants. He pat David's back while max rushed over and hugged David, not caring if the others saw or not.
The scene was almost touching. David was clutching his chest, and that was when they all knew he had a panic attack.

Cliffhanger?
Also poll in the comments, what kind of monster should max be, or if he should stay human. Please don't use vampire or werewolf/Lycan.
Thanks

~Stay Super