7) Monster Hunter

An: sorry about my rant, I am an angry gremlin

David was terrified. There were people coming to the camp, and staying to find the monster. Aka him.
He sighed, in an hour he would turn and max would defiantly come outside again. Already he felt the changes, tomorrow was when he would meet with those awful people. And he couldn't turn them away, he'd seem suspicious. He hauled himself out of his seat and walked to his medicine cabinet. There were anxiety pills, anti depressants, and other embarrassing things he didn't enjoy having to take.
He reached for his anxiety pills, but before his hand made it there was a knock at the door. Quietly he closed the cabinet and walked over to the door.
A smile came to his lips by habit, he couldn't seem sad, "hello what can I do for you?"
SomeMan looked at him, "I'm here about the monster problems."
"You were supposed to come later, tomorrow I was told." David kept his nerves behind him.
"Tonight is the full moon the best night for hunting evil." David glared, involuntarily.
"I don't know who you are but you will come back tomorrow. You told my co-counselor this and I expect professional people who keep to the schedule. I can show you out." He calmly walked the man to the entrance.
Once the man was gone he walked over to the woods, and ran as far as he could into the heart of it.
That night
Max walked into the forest, he listened for any sound of David being his weirdly energetic self
He walked until he saw a little white bat.
"Well hello little devil bat would you like to come with me or are you going to fucking stare at me?" He held his arm as if to entice the bat to fly and sit. And to his surprise it did. He walked to the heart of the forest , where David would be.
The bat began to fly besides him, taking account of how tired the ten year olds arm must be. They trekked in silence.
"So bat, are enough some kind of vampire, or just a really rare albino?" Max asked, not expecting an answer.
"Vampire actually." The smooth voice was hard to place in the boys mind. But he just shrugged.
"Cool my dad- I mean counselor is a werewolf." He almost slapped himself for the mistake.
The small vampire bat just hummed.

Daniel didn't expect max to be so chill about meeting him, but he relaxed. Soon they reached the middle of the forest and they saw a hyper wolf jumping around and bouncing off trees. The vampire let out a giggle (a very manly giggle mind you 😆).
   Max smiled at David, and walked over. He was kind to David while he was like this because first, the man could probably rip him apart, and two it felt nice to not be a sarcastic asshole all the time. He even let up on the cussing whilst around David even while human. The little white bat flew off his arm and onto a tree. David walked over to him and looked up. Max just pet his head, it kind of reminded him of his dog he had back when his parents were nice. He sighed, tomorrow the hunters should be at the camp came he couldn't hang around with his dad anymore.
   The vampire was also pretty cool. He was chill and just kinda stood watching over  them, so the little bat guy could stay.

The next day

David was tired, but waiting patiently for the group of dreaded people to come take his freedom away. He sighed, feeling his muscles ache. Until he saw the van. The man from yesterday walked over and he went up to the man.
"You can set up camp on the other Side of the camp as the children. I don't want them to feel unsafe. With new people around it can be hard for kids."
"Do you know what they say about red-heads," the man paused, and David almost groaned, but politely lifted his eyebrow, "they says that red heads are soulless, and werewolves."
"Well sir, I don't believe that to be true."

"Head my warning boy, I will find out this monster, and I will protect this camp. I won't hesitate to kill Anyone in cohorts with these thing. So.
Don't get in my way."