Chapter 3

Chapter Aesthetics: 

*****

I'm at the hotel five minutes earlier than the agreed time. I had to call Sandra and my mother and tell them I was leaving town. I didn't say anything about Colson or what had happened last night, I didn't know how they would react.

I guess they'll just assume I'm back together with him when the paparazzi start closing in, I didn't want to lie to them but I had signed a full disclosure contract, contracts will be the death of me I swear. 

As I stood in the lobby and waited everything started feeling stupid- this situation was stupid, I was planning on putting up with Colson for a whole month over a dog and a contract? Colson who had dumped my sorry ass out of nowhere, the love of my life had broken my heart in minutes without batting an eye lid- without an explanation. And here I was doing his career a favor. 

I glared at my phone as it started to ring- an unknown number glared back at me. 

"Hello?" 

"Camilla?" Ashleigh said, sounding frantic. 

"Yeah?"

"Why aren't you here yet?" I could hear something break in the background. 

"I've been in the lobby for so long now!" I all but shouted. 

"Oh right," Ash seemed to remember that that's what she told me to do last night- be in the lobby and I was on time. 

"Are you guys planning on coming down any time soon?" 

"I think you should come up."

"I don't want to," I groaned, I didn't want to be anywhere near Colson which is funny considering I'm going with him on his tour- as in hours upon hours of being in the same bus with him. Groaning, I realized just how dumb all this was. It was suicide- I was literally signing up for suicide. 

"Please?" Ash said on the other line and I begrudgingly made my way to the elevator. 

The suite was a mess when I entered, papers were scattered all around the floor, intricate ornaments that I spotted last night were now broken on the floor, furniture was turned over. If I didn't know any better I'd say the suite was robbed. But I knew better, I knew Colson. 

"Sorry about the mess this isn't usually what..." Ash trailed off and I know why, she forgot that I knew Colson once- knew him better than anyone else. 

"I know," I stuck my foot out and pushed a shard of glass under the rug. 

"Well he's overslept, we're waiting for him to get up so we can leave," Ash looked back at a closed door which I assumed to be his room. Something about this situation was off, Ash wasn't ever scared of waking Colson up. In fact one of her best skills was to not take any shit from him and make sure he did whatever was expected of him. That's why she had survived as his manager this long.