Chapter: 10

C-Monsta POV
I pop open another bottle and sigh about to take a big gulp to get lost in. But my drink is snatched straight from my hand. "Hey! What's with you? You have been drinking too much lately! Do you wanna die?" Hyuk says drinking my alcohol instead. I sigh and look away from him, "sorta." He rolls his eyes and sits next to me on my bed, "you act like you are going through a big break up." I grunt and stand up. "I'm fine okay? I want to be alone!" I say walking out of my room and heading towards the bathroom slamming the door shut behind me. "Don't you have rehearsal today?!" I hear Hyuk yell. I ignore him. It's dumb of me to skip rehearsal.. But Xio is there.. That look on his face when I slapped him.. I can't get it out of my head. Why did I go so far? There is no chance for friendship now and I messed that up just because I was scared of loving a boy, nonetheless, a sweet boy like Xio. I'm a terrible person and he's a perfect angel. I still can't believe he snuck out of his house just to find me and see if I was okay. He cares about me so much and I promised him that he would be okay. That I would never hurt him and protect him..Flashback
Xio comes running to me once again, flying into my arms and crying his eyes out. My 13 year old self looks at the younger 8 year old boy was so innocent, so pure and cute. He always smiled but today was one of his bad days. "S-Sungwoon.. W-Why does someone who's supposed to love me hurt me..? I-I didn't do anything! Why is he hitting me?" He cries, gasping for air as he speaks. I hold onto him tight, starting to cry myself. The first time, he never told me his father hit him. He'd show up to school with a smile.. But bruises all over. I soon found out, and then.. He ran to me with his problems. I never knew exactly what to say.. But that day.. I cling onto the small child tight and speak up, "one day he won't hurt you anymore and I will protect you from anyone else who lays a finger on you. I know you are scared of people who yell, cuss, or hit you.. I will never do that to you Xio. I promise. It'll all be over.." I cry harder, my lips quivering. Xio looks up to me with his teary eyes. His baby face overwhelmed with sadness. "Promise..?" He asks quietly. I attempt to smile to make him feel better. "I will never let you see the bad things. You are my best friend." I tell him. I then hold onto him as he lets out the rest of his tears. When he turned 13, they finally finished the investigation, and his mom finally understood that he was a terrible man. She was always at work and shut Xio up from telling her anything. He would be so good at lying. Like in public he always said, "oh hello Sungwoon. I'm so happy you are friends with my beloved son, please treat him well." He said with a fake smile. I remember scowling at him, getting sick to my stomach anytime he tried to act like a good father outside of those four walls. I never understood why he would do that to such a great person. Xio is perfect.. But with scars that he covers. His mom was an angel like him, and quickly divorced him, not thinking twice about if she should or not. Now he's in jail for child assault. When his little brother Xiquing was 4, is when their sick father left. I remember when he said after the trail, "I'm so glad he never touched my mom or little brother. I'm glad to have taken his wrath if that meant they wouldn't get hurt." He smiled.Present..
Then what's wrong with me? I threw those memories away when I yelled at him and hit him. He's terrified of that.. And from me? Wow I am a bad guy.. I wash my face with water wishing that I could stop these thoughts. Well.. I'm never going to see him again.. I look up at myself. Be safe.. Xio. I'm so sorry that I showed you the bad things.. I yell and punch the mirror, looking at my hideous reflection, I can't do this anymore. Blood drips down my arm and glass shards stick into my knuckles. I deserve it the pain for what I did to him.
Xio POV
I look around in hope that C-Monsta would show up to practice. I know he did that to me, but I need him in my life. You don't know how many times since last night I wish he'd walk up and tell me he didn't mean it, that it was a dream, that it wasn't him.. But that hasn't happened. I pout then walking over to the rest of the group. "C-Monsta is not here??" Andrew yells. Kang sighs and gets off his phone to put it in his pocket. "No.. I swear.." Kang sighs in frustration. "We need to practice for our huge performance! I'm gonna kick his ass!" Andrew crosses his arms. He then catches sight of Aiden walking in, and freezes in his spot. How strange.. I look back to see him. Usually I'd be super loud and cheerful as I said hi to everyone.. But the thoughts in my head are overpowering, and won't allow my lips to move. "U-Um.. Aiden do you need to sit this out or are you okay?" Andrew gulps. Aiden sets down his stuff. "No.. I'm okay, alright?" Aiden kind of snaps at him. Never mind me, they have a problem too. Andrew knows the secret, and Aiden is nothing but embarrassed. He wants nothing to do with Andrew. I frown. Andrew isn't a bad guy.. He just had a bad past. "Okay.. Come on guys let's perfect our dance. Kwonyeol found outfits last night so we are so close to done! It just needs to be perfected! I'm there to win!" Andrew says with so much enthusiasm. We all cheer. All of us wants that so bad. I look at the door again, I just want C-Monsta to come.. Even if he hates me, he loves dancing and he was so excited about the competition. He was always so goofy and hilarious.. Now he's like stone cold.. It's scary, really.