6. Dream or reality...

Last time I walked in here it felt weird, now it feels comforting. It feels like what I think my home would feel like, warm, soothing, smells like burning candles and snow. Overall it's nice and clean. I dusted off all the books and put them back on the shelves, I tried doing them in order but some of them weren't dated and with them I just guessed and put them between others.

Running my hand over the ink that is written some smudges onto my finger, the ink is black as coal and warm. The paper worn out on the book I hold with my right hand while trying to find a book that hasn't been used. In the end of the pile there is a book with only the first blank page written on it.

From T.H.A. use as you will as long as you keep it forever.

I look around for a pen and see one lying under the big armchair that I moved to the wall. I pick the pen and take the lid of it to test if it still works. Yes, it does. I pick a page and put the pen to the paper. What do I write? Is there anything I have to let the owner know?

Hello, I'm Aja Fay and I found this ship in the forest on the land my family owns. It was in bad shape but I cleaned up a little bit, I didn't fix the door though, I will do it next time. I didn't really go downstairs but I did clean your bookshelves. I don't know if it is normal but I can communicate with the main control thing. I don't really know what its name is. I wish you could see what your ship looks like now, it's like I would imagine what home looks like. Bye, and I hope I will meet you one day T.H.A. you sound amazing. A.F.L.

I put the pen down and close the book and put it on top of the table beside the armchair. I really need to fix the doors and windows. I go to the railing that leads downstairs and take 10 steps down before stepping on the floor downstairs. There is a short hallway to double doors straight ahead. I walk to the door and push the handle down and push the door open. Inside there is a bedroom, a baby bedroom. This is probably where their baby was when she was alive.

The room is painted purple and pastel pink, like some kind of sunset or sunrise, with stars that shine all over the ceiling. The crib is in the left corner a hand- and foot-print of someone, presumably the baby, printed on the light wooden crib. There is a dresser beside it on the right side which is painted white on the dresser there are two photo frames, one of the photos was a baby the other was of two babies, one lifeless the other smiling. There is a Turkish blue armchair on the left side with a matching footrest. The light in the middle of the room is a half moon with a wolf sleeping on it.

I walk towards the crib and see a blue bunny lying on the left side of the bed, where the feet would be. It was small and soft but dusty. I pick it up and squeeze it tightly, so soft, I mumble under my breath. I go over to the chair and sit down with the bunny in my arms. It looks so cute. I rest my head on the back of the chair and blackout.

-C-