8. Brunch on the go...

I wake up around pipes and steel with my friend by my side. Through the tinted windows, I can see that it's already around noon and probably too late for breakfast. I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes while yawning. Knowing that Theion will not be a happy camper if I wake him up now I decide to leave him alone with the pillows and blankets around him. I don't recommend sleeping next to him, he pulls the covers the whole way to his side. I grab something that is able to hold me while I lift myself up and walk over to the kitchen. I open the freezer and see frozen pancakes in there next to some frozen fish. I look at the date and see that it's fine. I take a minute to find a microwave machine that I know how to use. After putting the pancakes in I open every drawer to find cutlery and dishes. I sit down while waiting for the ding to happen. After a minute or so I hear the ding that signals that the pancakes are done. I put the dish with the hot pancakes in the middle of the table and start giving myself some. After taking some bites I could hear movement from outside of the kitchen. "Hey... umm... what are you... ummm... eating?" Theion mumbled while rubbing the sleep from his eyes. With a full mouth, I point to the plate of pancakes and make a sound that is more like a cat than a person sound. I could feel the warmness of the pancake sliding down my throat and into my stomach. Mhm... it feels so nice. "Can I take some?" he asked me and I only nod back at him.

"Are you going to tell someone about this place?" Theion asks me after taking the dishes to the sink.

"What do you mean? I have already told you," I say turning the sink on with a push of a button on the side of it.

"Aja, you know what I mean. Will you ever tell anyone else about this place?" He says stopping what he was doing just to turn around and say it straight to my face. "It probably helps someone if we tell someone about this. Many people would wonder where they could find other ships like this."

"Theion, I don't want others to know. I want this to be our shelter. You know we need a shelter, you need a shelter that is quiet and doesn't have screaming children running around it." I plead to him while trying to find anything to dry the dishes with.

"You know I don't mind your siblings, I really enjoy it since I don't have a younger one," he says handing me a towel from a rack behind him. "I really love them like my own, Aja, I know you are scared about people knowing anything more than you but please tell someone about this place. It's a fucking wonder," he says throwing his hands in the air to make a statement, "It has a door that happens to make it bigger on the inside but only to those who are selected. Do you know how much it would help if someone who has been looking for it would know what happened to it," he says closing his statement. I only shake my head in return.

"No, Theion, no." I don't say anything more before walking up to the control room where I turn the lights off downstairs. "You know I won't change my mind, stop trying," I yell at him in frustration.

"I will never stop trying to make you see the right in the world. I know you will one day change your mind and tell someone about this," he says coming up the stairs to where I am.

"Go home."

"Aja, don't."

"Go home Theion," I scream in his face while punching a key on the control pad.

"Aja Fay, do not tell me what to do," Theion says before walking outside and hopefully to his home.

I sit down by the books and start to write all my thoughts out and try to map what is spinning around in my mind and making me feel dizzy. Once I have two full pages of text I go over it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. No, I didn't. Most of the things written on the page are barely readable from the harsh scribbling I did. After some time re-writing the pages I decided to go find Theion. I never want to leave him upset about me.

-C-