0.3 - cell phone calls

5:57 AM

After being held up at security for what seemed like forever, Skylar finally made it through and was on her way to the terminal she was set to go to. She lugged her big backpack with her, that had a change of clothes in it in case she happened to lose her luggage during the flight. It had happened before, so Skylar wasn't taking any chances this time.

Once she made it to her terminal she found one of the last empty seats and sat down, wanting to get settled before getting up again go get food. The plane wasn't supposed to take off for another 45 minutes, but Skylar didn't want to miss it so she was hesitant about leaving. She couldn't risk having to take another flight, what was waiting for her in Australia was far too important to wait even longer.

Skylar's phone started buzzing in her pocket and she took it out once more, answering it as soon as she saw who was calling.

"Mom, hi!" Skylar smiled, even though her mom couldn't see her.

"Hey, Sky. How are you? Are you at the airport yet?" Her mom, Katherine, asked, sounding as tired as ever.

"I just got through security." Skylar said, "What time is it there? Isn't it late?"

"Oh, just barely 9 o'clock." Katherine let out a small laugh before coughing once, making Skylar flinch on the other side of the phone.

"You should get to bed soon, rest up before I come." Skylar chewed on her fingernails, a nervous habit that she just couldn't get rid off. "I'll be there soon, Mom."

"Right, you don't want to sit here talking to your Mum all day. I'll let you go, darling, I'll see you tomorrow morning." Katherine said, quickly telling Skylar that she loved her before hanging up the phone.

"I love you, Mom." Skylar whispered to herself, though no one could hear her. She slid the phone back into the pocket of her jeans and returned to what she was doing before: biting her nails and waiting.

Skylar's leg shook up and down as she anxiously waited for the plane to start boarding, checking her phone for the time every few seconds. Another crowd of paparazzi walked by, surrounding a group of boys that were all walking with their hoods up. Skylar recognized one of the boys from earlier that morning, the one with red hair. He was the one that had checked if she was okay after his friend bumped into her. Surely they were just in that crowd by accident, they weren't famous, were they?

If they were, Skylar had never heard of them before. That wasn't very surprising, though, because she rarely used the internet or watched TV in the first place. She wasn't at home nearly enough to sit still and read up on all the latest celebrities, none of them really mattered to her anyway.

Skylar's stomach grumbled again and she finally gave in, she was too hungry to sit there any longer. She stood up from her seat and picked up her backpack, putting it back on. As she made her way through the small gathering of people sitting in the terminal she heard the paparazzi standing nearby shouting things at the four boys, who were trying to get as far away from them as possible.

Skylar walked behind the mass of cameras and flashes, stunned by all the lights practically going off in her face. She used her hand to shield her eyes, trying to drown out the sound of the people shouting.

-

Skylar's updates are always so boring omg SORRY

Oh yes also in this story 5SOS is a lot more famous than they really are and that's why they're always surrounded by paparazzi