5.0 - wait

2:37 AM

"Skylar." Luke was the first out of the two to speak, after they spent almost 10 minutes sitting in silence on opposite sides of the bed.

"Hi." Skylar said softly, barely turning to look at Luke as she spoke. She was feeling a little better than before, after having taken a long shower and crying it all out. She was still embarrassed, though, and was having trouble with coming up with something to say.

"How are you?" Luke asked. The way he asked it sounded as if he hadn't seen Skylar in years, like they were old friends meeting up again for the first time since high school. Not like they were an almost-couple that had spent the entire day together.

"I'm fine." Skylar shrugged. She wasn't mad at Luke, but now she was just uncomfortable. Part of her wanted to leave while the other part wanted to stay, and thinking so much about this was making Skylar's head hurt.

"Are you feeling - " Luke began, then stopped himself. "God, Sky, I'm so sorry."

He inched closer to Skylar, sitting up on the bed on his knees. Skylar finally turned all the way to face him and was surprised to see how close Luke had gotten in the last few seconds, because now he was practically on top of her. Skylar nodded, like she was giving Luke permission, and then he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his lap.

"I'm sorry." Skylar said, because she really was. This was her idea, she was the one that wanted to have sex. She just stupidly thought that Luke was going to go along with it like all of the other times he'd done this.

"Baby, no. No, don't be sorry." Luke kissed Skylar quickly on the cheek, letting his lips linger as he spoke. "I want to have sex with you, Sky, I really do. I just thing we should...wait."

"Wait?" Skylar questioned. Because by Luke saying that he wanted to wait he was implying that they were going to be seeing each other again. That's what Skylar wanted, but from the tone of his voice she couldn't figure out if that's what Luke wanted as well.

"Yeah, wait." Luke nodded. "Like, once we get back to Australia I can sort things out with my family and you can sort things out with yours and then I'll call you and make plans for that date and we'll just have the best time and then after you can bring me back to your place and I'll light candles and turn on nice music and you can lose your virginity the right way."

Skylar just nodded. That did sound nice. "Okay."

She honestly would have given a more enthusiastic response if it wasn't almost 3 AM and she wasn't so tired. All Skylar really wanted to do was go to sleep, and wake up in the morning and go on with things like normal. Like this whole crazy almost-having-sex fiasco didn't even occur.

"Yeah? So we're good?" Luke asked, a big smirk on his face.

"We're good." Skylar nodded again.

"Come here." Luke whispered, grabbing Skylar's chin and turning her to face him again. He gently pressed his lips to hers, this time kissing her much slower than they had been doing with they first got into the hotel room.

They pulled away after a few minutes of tired and lazy kissing, mostly because Skylar kept yawning anyway.

"Baby, you're tired. Let's go to bed." Luke insisted, trying to roll down the covers with Skylar still half on his lap and half on the bed.

"We can stay up, if you want." Skylar said slowly, even though she really just wanted to sleep. She just didn't want Luke to be bored if she went to bed, she didn't know what he was going to do.

"No, it's okay. We have to get up early to go back to the airport, and it's really late now." Luke explained, and he helped Skylar crawl across the bed and into the covers. She didn't need his help, but ever since she came out of the bathroom he'd been treating her like she was so fragile. Like glass.

Skylar was fragile, actually. It didn't take a lot for her to break, and she probably should have been more careful about doing things that would just break her in the past. It was funny how it took her until tonight to actually realize that.

"I'll be right back." Luke whispered once she was all tucked in, giving Skylar a kiss on the forehead before he climbed off of the bed and walked into the bathroom.

Luke returned a few minutes later, and Skylar had almost fallen asleep when he came and laid next to her.

"Come here." He mumbled softly, reaching his hands out to grab Skylar's waist. He pulled her into him, wrapping his arms around her as the two of them laid in silence for the next few minutes. Luke's lips were pressed to the side of Skylar's forehead and her arms were also wrapped around his waist, keeping her cheek pressed against Luke's chest. She could hear his heart beating fast, and wondered if he was nervous. And if so, why was he so nervous?

"Isn't it funny how we met less than 24 hours ago?" Skylar asked after a few minutes, feeling the need to break the silence just one last time before they both fell asleep.

"Yeah, and now look at us." Luke scoffed at her, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. His eyes were closed, and Skylar knew that she should just stop talking, or he could get annoyed with her keeping him up like this.

"Now look at us." She repeated.

"Goodnight, baby, I'll see you in the morning." Luke whispered, leaning over and kissing Skylar on the corner of her mouth once more before he turned back into their original position.

"Goodnight, Luke." Skylar sighed, because for some reason she had this feeling in the pit of her stomach that told her Luke wasn't going to be there when she woke up.

-

I can't decided if I like Luke again or not idk he's just very confusing and again I'm sorry for the wait with this chapter I hope you like it even thought it was short