Starcrossed

I land on the balcony and Luna rushes out to meet me,

"Shawn!"

She squeals and I pull her into my arms, lifting her up and spinning her in circles. The moonlight illuminating the balcony which we stood.

"Yes Luna..."

She stands on her toes, taking off my masks, and kisses me for the very first time.

I feel my heart kick into overdrive as I hold her, kissing her back. It was my first kiss but this felt so natural and so right, it was as if we had done this countless times before. Her lips tasted sweet like strawberries against my tongue and it's as if the world slows down holding the two of us in this moment.

But suddenly her kisses grow softer until she stops and looks at me.

"What's wrong?"

I ask her, she had this strange look in her crystal turquoise eyes.

"I love you," She whispers gently and pulls away from me turning around and griping the railing of the balcony. I was confused and self conscience at the same time, wondering what I possibly could have done wrong.

"No really what's wrong?"

"I-I can't see you like this anymore. Please leave my presense."

The happy mood is suddenly destroyed her voice tales on a cold almost robotic tone. Did she not just say I love you? Or was I imagining things?

"What? Did I do something wrong?" I ask her confused. She shakes her head.

"Please Shawn just leave!" She cries and I back off.