Chapter Two

Listen to the song on the side, it's what inspired the story!
It's Perfect by Ed Sheeran
Yes, I know this is 60 pages. I was going to spilt it up into two different chapters but I realized it doesn't matter, it will still be sixty pages whether it's in this one chapter or not. Trust me, this is worth the read.

_____

Still seven months ago February 14th:

I flip down the sun visor of Dad's truck, lifting the lid that covers the mirror to check my hair again.

"You look fine, Casey." Dad says.

I smooth out my red dress and sigh, looking wearily at the fancy hotel.

"How am I going to get to the reception?"

"The reception is in there." He says. "Just follow the signs. I'm sure somebody in there is going to know who you are."

"I doubt it. I bet none of them even know she has a daughter."

"Oh quit." He says, a slight smile on his face. "Go in there and go slay, or whatever term you kids use these days."

I roll my eyes and lean over to kiss my Dad's cheek. I grab my black clutch purse and get out of the truck, standing on my black heels.

I have to admit that I look pretty good. I have on a blood red dress. The top is maroon and strapless with a dip to show a lot of cleavage. It has built in pushups so I don't need a bra with it.

The lower half of the dress is blood red and flows. My blonde hair is left in it's natural curls. I touched them up a little bit to make them more perfect. My bangs, which are the length of my actual hair, are pulled back and out of my face. My makeup is dark and smoky, and I have red stain lipstick to match my dress.

My black heels make my height of five foot three go up to five foot five.

This is a time when I wish I had a boyfriend so I don't have to walk into events like this alone.

Sighing, I walk across the street, my right hand lifting my dress up so I don't trip.

My blue eyes search desperately for somebody I might know, but I see nobody.

I walk up the winding sidewalk to the giant double doors. The hotel is huge, seated right on the beach. From where I'm standing at the doors, I can hear the waves crashing against the sand.

I get in the long line of people very dressed up, looking around for a familiar face.

These people probably have no idea who I am, and if they do, they probably don't know what I look like or don't recognize me.

Last time they saw me, I had hardly any breasts, braces on every single tooth in my mouth, and pimples all over my face. Let's not forget the glasses.

Now my skin is smooth, my breasts are large, my contacts are in my eyes and my teeth are perfectly straight.

I keep my eyes on the bushes to my left, watching a lizard sprint across the sidewalk in front of me, just barely avoiding getting crushed by a men's dress shoe.