Supernatural Con

Alright everyone buckle your seat belts and prepare for a crazy ride! I'm going to tell you my experience at my very first Salute to Supernatural Convention this weekend!

I'm gonna try and be organized about this and go by days and explain the entire trip.

Thursday:

Ok so I left early Thursday morning with my friend. We drove to the convention and it was an 8 hour drive. We left around 9:30 and got to Nola at 7:30ish. We checked into or hotel and settled down a bit before going to the convention center for gold pass preregistration and checked out the vendors area. The vendor area was pretty small so I pretty much bought all my merch and souvenirs the first night which was nice cause I needed the rest of my money for food.

The vendors were great there was so much variety there. The t-shirt booth was my first stop and they were having a deal on a few shirts but 2 shirts for $5 so I got 4 of those and one official convention shirt. I checked out a few other vendors and bought 2 art tiles that have pictures of stuff from episodes of supernatural. One from the mystery spot episode in number three and one from season 5 episode 19 Hammer of the Gods. I also got 6 11x17 poster prints and since I got 6 I got a free one of Dean.

After that we went back to the hotel for the night and set out our stuff for the next day and organized our tickets for the photo ops and autographs we had for the next day.

Friday:

So on Friday we woke up pretty early to get ready for the day. I didn't have a cosplay for this day so I just wore a supernatural tank top I got from hot topic and leggings. It took a bit to find parking cause that's always the hardest part. We were a bit late to Julian Richings' Q&A panel but we were there for most of it and he is so sweet and adorable and funny. After his Q&A was the Yes/No trivia game. I sat back and watched since it was my first con, I didn't wanna participate, so I talked with my seat mates.

After that me and my friend went back to the vendor area and looked around for a bit before going back to the main theatre and signing up for the kareoke night. Me and my friend chose to sign up with the song "This is Halloween" because we figured not many people would sign up with that and the con was near Halloween so it was perfect.

After signing up for kareoke, we got in line for our photo op with Julian Richings and he was dressed up in character as Death which was absolutely amazing! For the photo op, my friend wanted to hold his cane so I got to hug Julian. My friend was the one who relayed the pose info to Julian and she told him that I wanted a hug since it was my first SPN con and he pulled me into a hug and said "Welcome! Don't be shy!" He was so sweet and it made me happy.

After the photo op, me and my friend went back into the main theatre and watched Jason Manns' and Alaina Huffman's Q&A panels while waiting for our autographs for the night. Jason's panel was awesome because it was a mix between a Q&A and a concert. Alaina was hilarious and she was fun at her Q&A.

After their panels, we stayed in the theatre and waited for them to set up the tables for the autographs for the night. That night I got Richard Speight Jr's, Alaina Huffman's, Gil McKinney's, Rob Benedict's, and Julian Richings' autographs. Now I'm going to tell you how each auto went.

Richard Speight Jr:

He was funny and nice. He signed my book that I brought and I thanked him and showed him my anti possession symbol tattoo and he said it was awesome.

Gil McKinney:

Gil was super sweet. He was a little out of it cause the guy who went before me told him a story and he was processing it. After he was able to catch himself, he stated interviewing me pretty much and asking me where I was from and having a little conversation with me as he signed my book.