08

*Demi's POV*

Show time came and I walked on stage, passing Nick.

Nick winked at me and I gave him a confused look. 

As I was preforming, I felt a weird rush of energy go through me. 

I felt confident yet venerable.

 As I owned the stage, preforming, I knew something was off. 

When I finished, I thanked the crowd, catching my breath before walking off stage. 

"Amazing as always Lovato" Nick beamed and I smiled.

"What was the wink for?" I asked and he smirked.

I felt arm's wrap around my legs and I was started, letting out a shriek and I felt them let go, and I heard a whimper.

I turned around to see my four year old son starring up at me with his brown eyes.

A big smile was on my face as I went down to pick him u
"Colby" I smiled, kissing his cheek multiple times smothering him with love.

"Sorry I scared you" He whispered and I giggled, kissing his chubby cheeks. 

"It's okay bubba. I just wasn't accepting arms to wrap around me" I told him, giving him a hug. 

"Who did you fly here with?" I asked my baby and he pointed at Joe.

"daddy" He smiled and I looked up, Joe was standing to the side just watching.

I bounced Colby on my hip as I gave a small nod at Joe. 

I walked to my dressing room with my entourage.

"Mommy needs to shower and get all clean. Will you go sit with daddy or uncle Nick please?" I asked Colby and he nodded as I set him down.

Nick walked in Colby ran to him with a smile.

I showered quickly and changed into some Jean's and a sweater. 

When I stepped foot into the room, it became silent. The conversation that was going on abruptly stopped

I gave everyone a side eye before walking over to Colby.

"Colby, Max and I are leaving. Joe if you want you can come with but you seem to not want to talk to me" I shrugged, taking Colby's hand with mine. 

"What about me?" Nick faked being hurt and I shrugged.

"Wanna come, then lets go, if not fend for yourselves" 

I walked out with Colby, he had a smile on his face.

"What are you think about baby?" I wondered, looking down at him.

"I missed you" He babbled and I felt my heart swoon.

"I missed you too Colby" I beamed.

I got in the car joe came in so Colby had a car seat, and I sat in the back with him.

"Where are we going?" He wondered, looking from me to the window. 

"We are going to the hotel, where we will get some food" I told Colby, fidgeting with the end of my sweater. 

"What kinda food mommy?" Colby asked, looking over at me with his brown eyes that matched my own.

"I'm not sure, I haven't had this hotel's food yet" I shrugged and Colby looked up at me.

"Okay" He hummed and I sighed. 

When we arrived, I got a text from Joe.

[You're on Colby duty tonight, Nick and I are going out.]

I rolled my eyes sending a quick 'Whatever'.

"It's just me and you tonight. Daddy is going to hang out with uncle Nick tonight, okay?" I told Colby, getting him out of the car. 

"Okay" He said in a cheerful hum.

I walked into the hotel through the back with Max, and when we made it to my room I felt a rush of energy go through me again.

"Alright, how about we order food, get you bathed and we'll watch a movie? Have a mommy and Colby night?" I suggested and he nodded, slipping off his shoes.

"Daddy clearly picked  out your outfit" I noted, seeing the top and pants he was wearing.

He had sweat pants and a 'I'm daddies hard worker' jammie shirt on.

Colby nodded, telling me my judgment was correct. 

"Alright, let's look and you tell me what sounds good" I said, picking up the room services food menu. 

I went through it and Colby picked out some kids mac and cheese.

I started a bath as I waited for the food and as I had Colby in the bath, I heard room services knock.

I let the bathroom door open, quickly jogging out and getting the food before setting it down and going back to the tube, not wanting to leave him there for long, because you can never know what may happen. 

We ate our food, looking through what was on tv, when I just settled on Disney JR as he munched on his food, I changed into some PJ's.

I came back and sat down on the bed, Colby sitting at the desk. 

I was texting Marissa, when I noticed something that was truly terrifying for a parent.

* * * *

Written on: 11 / 1 / 17 - 11 / 2 / 17

Published on: 11 / 2 / 17

Word Count: 834