64

I love that feeling, when you get a super good idea and you're just super giddy! AHHHHHHH!!!! I'M EXCIDED!

*Demi's POV*

I decided denial was the best way to go through this. 

I met with Joe that Sunday at his house to pick up Colby and thankfully Sophie wasn't there.

Colby was happy to see me and when he found out we were planning his birthday, he was even more ecstatic!

"What kind of party do you want buba?" Joe asked his son, grabbing his laptop and opening up a WORD document along with google. 

"LEGOS!" He cheered and I giggled.

"Go figure"

"Lego everything?" Joe questioned and Colby nodded, climbing onto the couch.

"What kinda cake buba?" I tickled his tummy making him giggle, screaming for my to stop.

I bent down and kissed his cheek while his breathing calmed down. 

"Vanilla!" He smiled and I grinned.

"He's your kid Jonas" I teased, resting my hand on Joe's shoulder for a few seconds.

"I'm well aware Lovato" Joe nodded at me, googling some lego cakes for ideas.

"Buba help daddy pick out a cake" I encouraged, grabbing my phone and opening up Pinterest.

I started looking at idea's for lego birthday themes while Colby and Joe picked out a cake idea. 

"MOMMY WHAT BOUT DIS ONE!" Colby yelled; startling me.

"Baby, inside voice please, mommy needs her hearing" I softly smiled and he mumbled a sorry.

"Yeah to her your girlfriends moans" Joe chuckled and it stabbed a soft spot and I frowned.

"Yeah . . ." I mumbled, glancing back down at my phone and I could feel his gaze on me.

"Dem, what's wrong?"

"Nothing" I glanced up and sent a soft smile before looking back down with a blank face.

"Demi, you'd slap me for that joke, not agree. What's up? You okay?"

"I'm fine. Drop it. We gotta plan this birthday" I reminded, scrolling past idea's on my phone. 

"Okay . . . this is the cake Colby picked out" Joe said, showing me his laptop of the photo.

 this is the cake Colby picked out" Joe said, showing me his laptop of the photo

"That's cool and easy!" I grinned, patting Colby's thigh.

"So a vanilla lego cake, huh? What kind of frosting?" I questioned my almost 5 year old and he gave this some hard thought before going with chocolate.

I figured it would be end up being a layered cake and Dallas already asked if she could make a cake of our choice for his birthday. 

We sat there for about half an hour with Colby before he got bored and left to go play with Joe and his girlfriends dog while Joe and I decided the guest list.

"So, what's Spencer's address?" Joe asked, grabbing an piece of paper to write it down for invitations.

"Why?" I asked and Joe looked at me like I was dumb.

"Thought you wanted her to come?"

"I do - did" 

"Demi!"

"WHAT?!"

"Demetria!"

"What?!

"Devonne"

"I HATE YOU!" 

"I know, spill!"

"She broke up with my last night, now leave it alone!" I grumbled, tossing the bright blue pen onto the coffee table - cap closed of course, I'm not an animal.

"Ice creams in the freezer" Joe pointed towards the kitchen and normally I'd say I'm not an ice cream kinda girl, but he was being sweet so I got up and got some ice cream and placed some in a bowl for him and I, walking back to the living room. 

"Here" I plopped the clear bowl down in front of him, almost sitting on my phone and he thanked me.

"So, why did you break up?"

"JOSEPH!" I shouted and he held his hands up.

"On your period?"

"Don't push me Jonas! And yes, for your information" I huffed, shifting uncomfortably.

"Okay, I'm sorry! Need anything let me know" He smiled and I sighed thanking him. 

Joe and I finished getting everything planned and I texted Dallas the picture and I got a "Not problem!" back from her which made me happy.

"Should we just go out and get everything now before you go home?" Joe questioned and I nodded with a shrug. 

We all got into Joe's car, and headed to Party city, and when we got there, they didn't really have anything so we went to good Ol' Walmart and we found everything we needed! 

One the way home, Colby well asleep and Joe and I talked to each other and Sophie came up.

"Demi, you're going to have to tolerate her" Joe spoke, annoyed at me.

"I tolerate her . . . but it's hard!" I fought back and he rolled his eyes. 

"Demi, I plan on marrying this girl one day! We have a child together! I don't want a messy life more then it already is! Last time we had this conversation, my girlfriend was pissed at me! please, just fucking try!" Joe begged, pulling up to the drive way. 

"I'll try, thanks for the ride" I replied, getting out of the car.

I got Colby out and Joe grabbed the bags, bringing them inside and Batman went crazy because I was home, and Joe was here.

I got Colby in his bed while I put the birthday supplies in the guest closet.

That next week, I completely ignored the thought of Spencer and I celebrated my baby boys 5th birthday with family and friends, having to tell Marissa why Spencer wasn't here which she accused that she wasn't real, kidding of course.

My little boy was now 5, gonna start kindergarten and I was about to start Tour a week after Joe finished his. 

I got everything planned out and we did a run through rehearsal with our fake stage and then I was done.

Phil had to set and stone it, apply to venues and it was tour time.

The album dropped a little after Colby's birthday which was exciting! Seeing the fans reaction to Tell Me You Love Me was incredible and having them release the tracks names made me feel really happy.  

I talked to Hanna every once in a while, seeing how Spencer was since it had been almost 2 months now and Hanna told me Spencer was doing just fine . . . 

I knew it was time to move on, but I didn't want to. 

I stayed single, I didn't sleep with anyone, including Wilmer and it felt . . . nice.

I played the mom role, I played the boss role, and now it was time to play the singer role.

I couldn't wait to just play the Demi role. It sounds so fucking nice.

The second I sat down in the management room, to decide on a world tour or not . . . I got a call.

"Hello?" 

"DEMI! 96TH GARDEN STREET, GREENLIN HOSPITAL!" I heard Hanna yell, sirens being heard in the back ground and my heart dropped.

Oh shit.

* * * *

Written on: 3 / 12 / 18

Published on: 3 / 13 / 18

Word Count: 1170