chapter 5

Veera Rajendra chola

Veera Rajendra chola. ..one of the greatest emperors of the magnanimous chola dynasty was gazing at Lord shiva ' s portrait. ..which was hung at his private chamber. ..

Vanama devi. ..His wife arched her brows uncertain about veera chola ' s mind. ..

Veera chola, tall and well built, with a youthful face. ..He was fit for his 65 years and looked 20 years younger. ..the only sign that betrayed his age was his mop of white hair. ..

Being a warrior, he had spent so many years in Warfield. ..His continuous practice on sword fight had sculpted his body and mind. ..

Vanama devi touched his shoulder. ..

" does anything trouble you. .? "

He turned with a sigh to her concerned enquiry. ..

He nodded to her with a deepened sigh ...

" devi. ..I was worrying about our child. ..Suman. ."

Devi threw a quizzical look at him...

" devi. ..sorry I should have told you before itself. ..jaya simhan, had sent marriage proposal for suman a week ago. .."

Devi shocked as if she had stepped on fire. ..

" then. .?"

" I said yes. ..I was not in a position to deny as per the kshatriya dharma. .."

He hung his head down. ..

" did you think of our daughter. .?How could you do this. .?"

Her blaming words pricked him. ..

" devi. ..I knew about jaya simhan. ...I thought that if he is committed to the relationship ,he would be okay. .but, I heard from our spy that he had abducted a distant dynasty 's princess yesterday. .."

" we heard from epics that king dhasaratha had 60, 000 wives. ..jaya simhan may exceed him if he used to continue ..."

" devi. .I couldn't deny his proposal. .but I have hope on my suman. . she won't agree to marry him. ..moreover, guruji was against my opinion in this issue. ..I hope he would guide her in right way. ..that's why, I permitted her to go to the princess fort with him .."

" if suman don't agree to marry jaya simhan, I will be happy. .."

Devi sat in perplex. ..and asked. ..

" I have heard that he is adament and cruel. ..what if he tries to harm suman if incase he knew that she had rejected him. ..she is alone in princess fort. .."

Veera chola touched her shoulders warmth. ..

" devi. ..don't worry. ..I have forseen everything. ..that's why, I have heighten the fort wall and I have modified the princess fort to act as a minor war fort at emergency. ..moreover, I had set the secret soldiers at the nearby villages to the fort. .."