chapter 18

Sunrise shimmered through the forest. ..

    Hidumbha was  supervising the soldiers who were actively working to move. ..

The temporary tents were tied up. .the archery machines were prepared to wheel on. ..

  Thondaka, the dwarf squinted his eyes  to the sunray. ..He remembered how he was humiliated  by a tribal girl. ..

His fist curled in fury. ..His witchy side provoked him to kill her. ..His nostrils flared  in thought of his defeat. ..He hated the word 'worm '

     But, he was not in a situation to think about the girl. ..He hurriedly stood up, not sure of his feet. ..

  He eyed the brisk preparations and walked towards Hidumbha. ..

  His legs were trembling as though the earth under his feet was revolving incoherently . ..probably  due to the after effects of the toddy. .. .

    He was about to fell on Hidumbha. ...

" Thondaka. ..for god sake will you stand still. .?"

He yelled at the dwarf.

Thondaka, splashed the chill water  to bring him back from the hangover. ..

" Thondaka. ..did you finish the girl. .?"

  Hidumbha  's words hit him like a heavy hammer. ..

  He  didn't want to destroy his reputation ...He would be mocked if anyone ever knew that he was charged by a woman. ..

He shook his head. ..

" it was a kid stuff senapathi. ..don't worry about that. ..by this time, she would be the feast for the fishes of the river thungabhadra. .."

   He said with half smile. ..

Hidumbha nodded satisfactorily. ..

Little while later, the crew commuted  towards the princess fort which was away at maximum eight hours journey. ...

------------------------------------------------------

   " Papa. ..you're right. ..jaya simhan hadn't any doubt sofar. ..He had brought about five hundred men with him. ..mostly infantry and cavelry men. ..two archery machines. ..a fire flyer. ..two mammoth. ..Surprisingly, only Hidumbha. ..no any other senapathi. ..and that ugly creature Thondaka. .."

    Bhaanu. ..gritted her teeth while mouthing the dwarf 's name. ..

    " did you send Bhaanu there. ..as a spy. .?"

Guruji asked asif he was thunderstruck ....

" ji. ..in tough times I won't believe none except me, Bhaanu and Ranjith. ..i chose her as she had the potential to do what I think. .."

    Guruji stunned to hear Shravan...

" she is like your daughter. ..what if something happened. .?"

He asked with a real worry. ..

" guruji. ..everything is fair in war and love. ..if necessary, I may use princess Sumantha too as a spy. .."

   Guruji ' s  breath hitched to his attitude. ..He eyed suman as though he had expected a negative reaction from her. ..

  Surprisingly, she didn't. ..perhaps, she might have understood shravan far better than guruji as Ranjith and Bhaanu did. ..