chapter 16

The sky was now a sheet of black clouds and lightening cracked omniously in the distance. .it was going to rain. ..

    The soldiers were at soared joy as the rainfall was considered for goddess gauri 's blessings on their impending victory. ..

Thondaka drummed a huge drum that matched  to his height. ..

The drumsound echoed through the forest trunks. ..it created an elated mood within every soldier. ..

    They wanted to celebrate their upcoming victory which is on the way without much effort. ..

     Fortunately, for them, the deer had walked into the lion's den... .conquering the princess fort so easily was luck beyond their wildest dreams. ..

Hence, they weren't worried much about the next day ..

  Two of the soldiers brought a casket  full of palm toddy. ..pots of toddy were passed from hand to hand. ..

Thondaka started to drink. ..He lost the count of how many swigs he had taken. ..

  The palm toddy brought out the filthy side of everyone. ..one of them sang raunchy songs...

   Thondaka, who already infected with the effects of toddy slapped the soldier's back and grinned like a monkey. ..He gestured him to continue. ..

   The soldier continued to sing,but this time enacting the lyrics with lewd gestures. ...Each line of the song was more bawdy than the other one. ..howls of laughter and cheers followed by every single line. ..

  Hidumbha, who restrained himself  to these pleasures kept eagle eye at every sides. ..two of his men accompanied him. ..

The soldier's  songs and cheers rose increasingly time to time. . ..Hidumbha kept silent to the rogue soldiers. ..there was no point in controlling them. .they may turn against him if he do so. ...they were not in their control howsoever. ..He continued to patrol around ....

------------------------------------------------------

      It was the narrow path winding around the fort and river thungabhadra. ..

    kurunji, stood for a second and looked around dreadfully. ..the trees were like dark patches around. ..behind her, the outerwall of the princess fort loomed high. ..

    It was scarily quite. ..except the drone of crickets. ..Each blade of grass shone diamond edged. ..somewhere from distance ,a nightingale sung from the grooves. ..even it's musical coo sounded like a dead string for kurunji. ...

   She squeezed her eyes and gulped. ..her hands held her cloth bundle securely. ..she fastened her walk to run as much as she could. ..before sunrise she had to reach her destination. ..

  Her lips prayed Lord shiva to be with her in strengthening her. ..

------------------------------------------------------

  Hidumbha was conscious in performing his duty. ..He kept on roaming though he felt to doze off. ..He had sent the other two soldiers to nap for a while. ..

  The fire that was set ablaze had been went off, plunging the area into darkness. ..the smoke that originated from the quenched fire had created a shadow castles around. ..

      Little while later ,Hidumbha woke the soldiers up ,to patrol around. ..and he went for a nap...

   Kurunji who was terrified ,sung a song on  bravery goddess to accompany her way. ..