1

I was running through the narrow street again. Smooth rocks under my feet were slippery, and that only multiplied the chances of me falling into the stream, where wiggled a vampire eel. I couldn't let myself fall into the water, because I don't have Julian by my side. No one to pull me out, no one to heal me.

The raven didn't shut up. Even though I was strong and I had great lungs, I couldn't run much long. I quickly jumped into a narrow street and ran into a forest. I walked this part of town in every direction with Jules. I know every hiding spot, every street, every gap, even every roof. But still, I sometimes find it difficult to escape from palace guards. Or someone else.

I was still a guest at the palace, but one night I pranked the guards. They didn't really like it aaaand... Well, I'm a target now. I'll have to talk with Nadia, to calm them down.

Suddenly, the raven went quiet. I got away. Slowly and carefully I came back to the town and walked by its wall. I didn't wanted to be noticed.

After 20 minutes I was home. Even through the doors I could smell the usual lemon and herb smell. I opened the doors and peeked in. Asra was sleeping, but Faust greeted me by sticking her tongue out. A lot. I pet her and slammed on the couch. Thinking about yesterday, how Julian left me. How he chose everything for me. How he didn't listen. I kind of burned with anger. How dared he?!

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by a creak from Asra's room. "Y/N?".
"I'm here.." I answered.

Suddenly, Asra was here. I was still laying down and I was kinda moody.

"How are you? What are you thinking to do?" He asked and looked sad. His hair looked like a sheep.

"I'm thinking going after him"
"I'll make some tea, then" Asra stood up immeadiately. It didn't sound very friendly, but that was understandable.

"Just remember, who he really is. Ilya is whoever he wants to be. He has a lot of faces".

"Yes, I know" I grabbed the tea and got slightly annoyed. Asra didn't really like that I was spending time with Julian. I started to think he was jealous.

I suddenly left the house with a quiet "bye". I immeadiately thought about couple spots where he could be. After a couple minutes I was in front of "The Rowdy Raven" doors.
I peeked in and currently only saw the usual view: someone was playing with cards, someone was drinking and someone was sleeping. I quickly jumped and moved to his usual sitting spot. I peeked in, but there was nothing. That space was empty. I suddenly ran out because I heard that someone wanted a mass fight. I didn't wanted to be a part of it.

I started running down the street, took a sharp right and ran straight. Then a left and I ran into my second stop - Mazelinka's house.

I came and knocked quietly. I swear I heard Mazelinka say "Ilya, did you learned to use the door..?" and I couldn't hold a slight chuckle. When Mazelinka opened the door I asked straight to the point-has she seen Julian. She answered with a no, and went back to sleep. I sat down, because I wasn't sure where to search him more. He knew this town a lot better than me afterall..
After a couple minutes of thinking, I jumped and started running through the field. After a couple minutes I was near a forgotten garden, which we found when both of us were running from guards to Mazelinkas'.

When I appeared in front of the door, I knocked quickly. I wanted to hug him, and say a lot of things. Like, how did he dare to left me. After the first knock, it was quiet. I started worrying. After a second knock it was still quiet. I broke inside, and slowly started walking towards my home.

Suddenly, the door creaked, and I heard that familiar, warm and gentle voice:
"Y/N?".

I turned back quickly and jumped to him and hugged. At first he was confused, but after a couple seconds I felt his arms and fingers lock behind my back.

"Don't you ever dare to leave me again. You can't do this. No"
"I was only trying to-"
"No. Do not choose for me. You won't hurt me. I trust you."

He didn't reply, only sighed. When he let me go, he invited me in. Inside was warm, and a candle was burning. There was a table full of thick books, paper, pot of ink and a writing quill.I looked over.

"What are you writing?".

"Eh, stuff about human anatomy, biology and stuff.. Found some old books, wanted to write down some stuff."

I took some of those papers and looked at them. His writing was..beautiful in some ways. Even tho I couldn't really read it. But I did read some words like "spots" "sweet" "points" and.."orgasms"? I wasn't sure about it.

I felt Jules eyes on me. I heard his deep breathing. I continued looking over, and suddenly, my eyed caught.. An illiustration?
"What's this..?" I asked myself
"What? Oh this.. Wait. Shit, give me that"he ripped it from my hands.
I think I saw in it 2 people holding hands:one was tall, and the other one was shorter.

"It's pretty"

He didn't reply. He held the quick sketch with ink behind his back and looked to the seeling. He was as red as a beetroot.

Suddenly, he somehow calmed himself and looked at me with a terrified look. Like he saw something uncureable.

"You should get some rest. You look very tired and weak."
"Only if you go. You don't look any better."

He smirked with a slight blush. He agreed
We both somehow carried ourselves to the upper floor. Both of us were super tired, and all we wanted was sleep. When we finally got up, I gasped and heard Julian
"Oh well, dear. I guess we'll need to share this only bed. But if you want, I can sleep on the floor or downstairs, on the couch" he started walking to the stairs. I grabbed him and said "no". He grinned and said
"As you wish~"

I opened my bag and started searching for another shirt. I didn't want to sleep with the one I was currently wearing. Suddenly, my thoughts went devilish, and I looked slightly behind my back. Julian was ready to jump in the bed. His back was muscular, and so was his legs from usual running, and arms from.. I don't even know from what. I suddenly felt guilty and started searching for the shirt even harder. When I found it, I looked back again. This time Jules was laying in bed, "reading" a book. One of his arms was behind his head, and another one was holding the book, and he was also laying his eyes on me. When I turned back, our eyes met and both of us blushed deeply.

"D-Don't look" I murmured. I turned back to my bag and covered my burning cheeks with my palms.

I quickly took off my current shirt, unbuckled my bra and quickly put the new shirt on. When I turned to Jules, this time I found him with no book-both of his arms were behind his head. He was half covered with the sheets, and he blushed badly as I turned. Suddenly, he controled himself again. "Hey, hop hop here. You'll get cold" he uncovered one side of the bed and pat it. I didn't hesitate and jumped in, because I was already feeling cold. When I hid under the sheets, I felt the waves of warmth coming from Julian. My face was burning, so I bit the corner of the sheet, that was covering us.

"Uh, will you snap fingers, or should I get out and take care of the candle?" I heard from Julian.
"You do it" I grinned devilishly. I wanted to look at him from the front. When there was no light, expect the one coming from the window, Julian appeared near the bed. I stared at him. He had a bloody six pack. A very visible one at this matter. He noticed my gaze and laughed.

When he came back, he put his arm around my waist. I didn't mind. I loved it, to be honest. Suddenly I heard he was sleeping. Soon I dropped. My lullaby was his slight snoring and his strong arm covering my waist.