16

I woke with a huge lust to kill that ox Max.
I doubted that he could be somewhere else than the grounds of the palace. The undergrounds. My first thought was to go there, at this moment, but Julian was still sleeping, resting on me and I was too lazy to get up. I felt sorry for Jules when I thought how much he actually sleeps, so I decided to wait.

But my waiting wasn't long. Julian woke after a couple minutes. He fell. I started to chuckle, while he was trying to understand what was going on. Soon, he stood all red. "Did I wake you?" he asked. "Oh no" I said whilst choking on my laugh. He snorted and left to get dressed. I followed him.
"I'll have to go to meet someone today. But it won't be long" he said while pulling on his white shirt. "Okay. I'll probably be here or at the palace" I smiled. "Okay. I got to go, bye. Stay safe." Julian smirked and with a blink of an eye he was gone.

And at that moment I jumped. It was a perfect timing to meet Max. Without any ado, I gathered everything I needed and left.

Soon, I was standing in front of Nadia. She agreed to lead me to Max. When we went down, I saw Max all chained up and Lucio. He was probably torturing him with his talks. "I want to talk to him" I said not letting Lucio talk. He nodded and left with Nadia. I sat in his place. The chains moved, making a metally sound. Max rose his head and looked at me.

"Why did you came back?" I asked. "I already told you. I wanted revenge." I snorted. The need to choke him was rising.

"Do you rememeber, when we were good friends?" he suddenly spoke. "Do you remember when you made fun of me?" I spat back.

"Do you remember when you crushed all my wishes?"

"Do you remember when you betrayed me?"

After that, he fell silent.

I sighed. "I remember, when we walked through forests together.." I looked at him. He continued "I remember when we visited you when you were sick".

Then, I understood what he was trying to do.

"I remember when you used me to warm up when you were cold..".

"Shut up" I spat those words like they were poison.

"I remember, when I made food for you..".

"I believe I told you to shut up".

"I remember December 1st evening.."

"Shut THE FUCK up!" I screamed. I turned around and slid my hand in my pocket, and when he tried to speak once more, I threw my knife at him.

After that he fell silent, once again.

I turned back and understood why. The knife got his head. Blood was running through his face.

I heard a loud 'thud' behind me.

I turned around.

Portia.

At her feet was laying shards of a cup. She looked at me with fear. And then I understood, what I've done. I looked at the corpse once more and left. As I went past Nadia, I apologised. She didn't understood.

She will soon.

I came home quietly. I was still kinda in schock. When I opened the door, Julian was still standing with his cloak:he came home not long ago. "I killed him" I said, not letting Julian ask. "How?" he stuttered. "I threw my knife. It landed in his head".

"Shit.. He probably did annoy you bad, did he?"

"He sure did" I choked out and slipped past him. I went up, to our room and laid on the bed. I grabbed my book, trying to swish my mind elsewhere. But after a few minutes I put the book aside. I couldn't read. All I wanted was to curl up in a ball and lay.

So I did that.

I fell asleep. I didn't sleep well. When I got up, it was dark and quiet. Curtains pulled together. I went down the stairs. Julian wasn't there. I went outside, wanting to breath some fresh air. The streets were empty, quiet. I walked slowly, looking around. Suddenly, something was pressed to my nose and mouth. I started closing my eyes unconciouslly.

When I opened them, I still felt weird. I rose my head just slightly. I tried to move my limbs, but I failed. Something was weighing them. I looked around and then I saw the thing that was weighing them.

Chains. When my eyes focused, I understood where I was.

The palace undergrounds. Where crimes, fugitives and others were.

And then I saw Jules. He was sitting, eyes closed. "Julian?" I shouted quietly. He rose his head "Y/N? Where are we?". "In the palace undergrounds. I know this place". I tried to get up, and almost sucseeded, but a firm voice made me fall again.

"Stay calm, traitor". I obeyed. The person that spoke appeared in my vision field. Nadia.

She looked at me like to an ant she was going to step on. "You thought I didn't knew about your relationships with that roach?" she spoke "Oh, I understood everything the night Lucio came home. By the way, he didn't come back. It was his cousin, looking awfully a lot like him. The real one burned. But while I was looking for Devorak, I was going insane while doing that, you slept with him and said that you know nothing. Pathetic".

I wanted to say something but I couldn't.

"I decided to hang both of you" she said happily.

"But before that..Ludo, please come in". Suddenly, one of the guards appeared. Nadia swayed her hand and Ludo attacked me. He kicked my stomach with his hard, metal boot. I clenched. Then he kicked my back. I straightened, and then another kick welcomed me. I choked, my eyes started to water. I looked at Julian. He was going mad. Then, Nadia swayed her hand once more. Ludo left me, he went for Julian. He made him kneel, grabbed his hair and hit his face hard. Soon, I saw blood splats on the ground. I heard my long, painful "No!".

And then, something happened. Something snapped in me, a blue light covered everything. I heard Nadia's and Ludo's screams. When I opened my eyes, my chains let me go, Nadia and Ludo laid unconcious. Everything looked like after a war.

I rose weakly and rushed to Julian. He was concious. We both knew what to do.

Holding for eachother, we escaped out of the palace undergrounds. Near the door we saw "Lucio", and with a flick of my hand, I snapped his spine. Portia was nowhere to be seen.

We escaped from the backdoor, to the fields of the palace. There we only have to get over the huge fence and we're free. We started rushing through the field, still holding on to eachother.
We felt, that freedom is near.

And then we heard agressive barks behind us. We picked up our paces as much as we could. The dogs were not too far. When we approached to the fence, we jumped to the tree, growing near it and grasped the fence, rolling over it. One second more, and the dogs would've pulled us down with our ankles in their teeth.

When we fell, we didn't lay long. We needed to run. Julian grabbed my arm and pulled forward. I jumped to my feet and both of us ran to the forest.

While running in my mind I sent a note to Asra. I told him about everything: Ula, Max, Nadia and that, that I'm running now. I don't know where of.

We ran until we didn't see town lights. We fell on the cool forest ground. A spike of pain went through my side, but I just exhaled sharply, being happy. Julian approached and asked "Where are we going?".

"I don't know. Maybe Nevivon? Your home. If I'm right, Vesuvia's law doesn't work there".

"It doesn't." he agreed "They can't touch us there".

"But I don't think you will like it there". "I'll like anywhere if it's with you" I smirked.

"Let it be, then" he said smiling. He got up and offered me his hand. I gladly took it. We went North, still holding hands.

We went forward our freedom and peace.