6

My dreams weren't vivid. But still, I dreamt the night Count Lucio was burned. And the killer was..

Asra.

I flinched during my sleep.

I'd never believe it. He wouldn't do that. I woke up sitting, sweaty. It was a deep night, way past midnight. Maybe 3am. I couldn't forget Asras face with flames behind him. I even dreamt how he spilled petrol on Lucio, while he was tied with ropes and with something in his mouth. Some cloth. And when he started the fire, he escaped and threw Julian under the bus. I started thinking. The way he reacts when he sees Jules, the way he reacted this evening at the table.. I started thinking again and again about Asra's 'holiness'.

Something's wrong.

I started rolling in bed. Insomnia was killing me.

I didn't believe, what I dreamt.

I don't think I believe anything in world.

When the first touches of the sun reached my room, I hopped out of my bed, dressed up, tied Portias scarf around my neck and went to the palace. I was rushing, because I want to ask Nadia a couple questions.

When I got into the palace, Melchior and Mercedes quickly approached me. Their slim snouts brushed along my legs, and after that they left. When I opened the door, I felt like the palace was frozen. Not a living thing was awake. I quickly got to my room, and layed down there. I didn't wanted to wake any of the palace people. After a hour or two, I got out. While climbing the stairs, I met Portia. She smiled warmly. I answered her the same. At the main floor, I peeked through the door into dining room. Nadia was having her breakfast, and she did noticed me. She invited me, and I sat on the chair.

"Y/N, what a pleasant surprise. I thought you stayed at your home?"

"I did" I nodded "I just came here to ask you a couple questions, if it's not a problem. Maybe to discuss would be a proper word".

"Why yes, ask me whatever you please" Nadia smiled warmly.

"Well.. My first question is what would you do, if Julian Devorak was innocent?"

"Well, I'd start hunting the one that did, and leave Devorak alone. But I'll need a lot of evidence".

"Well.. I think Devorak isn't the killer.."

"Why is that?" Nadia asked me with her eyes wide open "Then who would be the killer in your opinion?"

"Well, for the last couple weeks I started dreaming things, that may happen in the future, or happened in the past.. So I think, the killer might be my trusted magic teacher Asra.."

Nadia stared at me. I felt weirdly..awful, for thinking that. Afterall, he is the one that taught me magic, that made me who I am now.

"That is not enough evidence. Your dreams may be just dreams. I don't want to offend you or something, but.."

"It's okay, Nadia.."

"Any more details? I could think about it".

"Well.." I stared at the ground "Lucio was tied in ropes, had a piece of cloth in his mouth.  Asra spilled petrol all over him, all over the room. And when he flicked the match..he quickly left and threw Julian under the bus".

"Hm.. My belated husband wasn't found.. His body just disappeared. But there sure were smell of petrol and loose rope ends. I'll think about it". Nadia stood up "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to do some paperwork".

When she left, for a couple seconds a jasmine scent lingered in the air for a couple more seconds. I got up and left to my quater room. When I was finally there, I broke. Sleep was killing me, I needed it now.